PDA

View Full Version : Proven Reliability

lawnpro724
01-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I see everyone has there preference on the type of walk behind they like. I see everyone one talking about Quick 36,44 and so on and Scag, Toro, Exmark, Lesco. I don't want to here about your favorite mower. I want to know about proven field tested reliability over 5yrs. I want to hear honest views about problems you had with a specific brand or none at all over the time you owned the mower. My personal preference is Toro and they have never let me down. I have to wander about all the hype Quick gets, has anyone run them commercial for more than 3yrs? They dont look like they would hold up compared to other brands.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
01-10-2007, 08:08 PM
My first commercial mower 5 years ago was the Scag 36" walk behind w advantage deck and 19 hp Kawasaki. To date the only repairs I have made on this mower was the lower crankshaft seal and a spindle on the deck. I have plans on buying another one for the 07' season. This machine has been very reliable.

Mike's All Season Service
01-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Scag all the way!! I have used both Exmark and Scag. And switched all to scag, scag is the heavier built one, Exmark might have the nicer cut, but it loves down time and the shop. The scag 52'' Has had the spindle replaced on it, that was it, its got a zillion hours on it to, runs like the day i got it. The 61" Has had the gear box on the back of the deck replaced, I forgot to fill it with grease, and that was it.

If you want the nicer cut, Go with Exmark. If you want a rugged, heavier built mower that still makes a nice cut and will have alot less repairs, Go with SCAG.

carcrz
01-11-2007, 07:36 PM
No Ferris? I vote: "Other"

J&R Landscaping
01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I would have to say Bobcat. My dealer has sold several dozen of them over the years. When I am there getting parts or what-ever, I hardly ever see them there.

The machine I have has had nothing done to it other then regular maintenance. Toro would also be another good one as well as Exmark.