PDA

View Full Version : Finally done for the year (2006)! Anyone still working (not incl deep south).

lawnguyland
01-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Not that anyone cares, but I finally finished for the year and now have 7 weeks at least until spring clean-ups start!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' RAY ! Unless it snows, then it's go time.

Anyone in the colder states still working? I know y'all in the south and west work all year.

I was done with the fall clean-ups before Christmas, but still had a few gutters to clean and during the holidays I didn't work too much so it took a little while. I love not having the feeling that I still have stuff to do!!! Sweeeeet. The rest of the bills can go out. I can clean my truck and take off the sides. All good stuff.

I haven't seen any landscapers around really, but is anyone still out doing clean-ups or gutters?

I may do a little winter tree work when I get bored, the files are immaculate, the taxes are done, the DEC reports filed, the equipment winterized and maintained, all blades sharpened, house is cleaned, yada yada........wait a minute, I still have a lot to do. Never ends does it? I'm still excited though that I don't have to get up early or work outside (unless it snows which it won't since we are all going to burn!).

DeereHauler
01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
yep still working, only a few days left.

ED'S LAWNCARE
01-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I thought I would have enough to carry me a little longer but looks like Friday will be it.

lawnguyland
01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
when do you guys in south carolina start up again? mid feb?

ed2hess
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I am a little surprised that you guys up north don't have any commericial accounts that get year round service. Surely the big hotel and resturants need cleanup weekly?

Envy Lawn Service
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I dunno... I just didn't press it at the end of the 2006 season.

I bowed out gracefully on my regular contracts... as I do not get paid by the cut... and I was sorta focused more on leaves earlier... particularly the addition of plain leaf blowing services. I didn't push my marketing efforts for every service in the world... NOT SURE IF THAT'S GOOD OR BAD.

Blew a bunch of leaves at the end, handled a bunch of administrative stuff, did all the renewals I could early and took a BUNCH OF TIME OFF. I think 6 weeks of no physical labor and counting... and 3 weeks of being totally shut down.

I have a lot of stuff that my eye sees the need for a 'touch-up' but I haven't gotten a single request. So I'm happily in day two of working out all of my winter 'back-office' stuff.

HOOLIE
01-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I still have some odd-type jobs to finish up. Maybe 3-4 days worth of work. Hard to say what constitutes a 'day' this time of year :laugh: Like leave the house at noon and return by 4pm??? :laugh:

Today...drawing up a new service agreement for '07 so worked on that. I always have plenty of great ideas in my head, then I sit down at the computer and can't get the first sentence out :dizzy:

I'll probably actually work outside on Thursday then my wife is gone for the weekend (:cool2: ) so the rest will get done next week. Maybe.

lawnguyland
01-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Now I sit and wiat for the snow.