PDA

View Full Version : russo power equipment dealer

Green Side Lawn Care
01-09-2007, 03:46 PM
has any body been there or no anything about them or what they all sell? It is located in chicago

pugs
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I have not been there...I need to go check it out some time though. They sell just about every brand on the planet. Very Very large power equipment dealer.

gl1200a
01-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes, I first purchased an Oregon blade grinder from them. Off of their eBay Store. Easy to deal with a great pricing. Some Echo equipment since then.

vanguard
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Bob's good people. We've bought quite a fee things from them, fair price & quick shipping!

Daneman
01-09-2007, 05:53 PM
It's like a Walmart size power equipment store. Freakin' HUGE! It is in Schiller Park, not Chicago, right on Irving Park Road

02DURAMAX
01-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Russo power Equipment is in Shiller Park now....It was in chicago but moved about 2 years ago..I have bought all my equipment from them...very good dealer, prices, & service...I think they are the biggest Power Equipment Dealer in the chicago area....And they do sell just about every brand out there.:usflag:

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
01-09-2007, 09:02 PM
We buy all our parts from them. Have been ordering by phone and online for awhile now. Never been o the store but seen pics. Long way to travel from Alabama. We do big orders and save over local prices even with shipping.

Inman's lawn care
01-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes bought lots of items from them.

They are great people and will help you with problems.

Cedar Valley Landscapes
01-12-2007, 10:06 AM
As a lot of other people have said, i have bought a lot of euipment from them mainly small things like blowers and string trimmers. They are very easy to deal with and in my opioin have some of the best prices on this stuff. But be prepared when you go in their not to buy everything, it like being a kid in a candy store.

Green Side Lawn Care
01-12-2007, 11:28 AM
yea cedar valley thats what i am afraid of i heard they have everything you can think of .

Dunn's
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Are you guys sure? I went to their website and it didnt have much of anything. Even less than most dealers around here.

Daneman
01-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Are you guys sure? I went to their website and it didnt have much of anything. Even less than most dealers around here.

100% sure.

It definately should be a priority to go and see their facility sometime in the of season, just make sure you leave the wallet in the car.

02DURAMAX
01-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Their website is not the best....but they have everything in the show room.:) :)

J&R Landscaping
01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Do they sell Lesco products as well? I though I saw a ton of fertilizer and such in a picture from their ebay store.

From the Pictures I've seen, it must be like a Toys-R-Us for Lco's!!

02DURAMAX
01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Do they sell Lesco products as well? I though I saw a ton of fertilizer and such in a picture from their ebay store.

From the Pictures I've seen, it must be like a Toys-R-Us for Lco's!!

I think they do not sure,......But they have all kinds of fertilizer's...and liquid fertilizer's too.

procut
01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
They are very good. I ordered from their eBay store a few years ago. I remember the name becasue I remember how impressed I was.

MOW ED
01-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Very helpful people there. I have called a few times and have always been given excellent service.

grass_cuttin_fool
01-13-2007, 08:07 AM
OK I hate to be the one to be a stinky. I have ordered there before, My scag came with Luberfinder air filters and not kohlers. So I had to CALL them and get them to cross them over to a kohler. They were nice and all and said '' they were special filters'' and cost more. So I said to send them on, they were about double what the filters were selling for on Russo's ebay store.

When I recieved the filters, they were the same ones they sell for around 10 bux (round canister) but I was charged 21 bux for them(local parts store is 26 each). Also I ordered an Edgit at the same time and the price was inflated on that also over the ebay store price. I dont know if it was an oversight on their part, or if call in orders differ from internet orders or what.

I did call them and ask about it, they did credit me back the difference. Just made me a bit weary of them since, but I might would deal with them again, I wouldnt rule it out though

wayne

pugs
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
OK I hate to be the one to be a stinky. I have ordered there before, My scag came with Luberfinder air filters and not kohlers. So I had to CALL them and get them to cross them over to a kohler. They were nice and all and said '' they were special filters'' and cost more. So I said to send them on, they were about double what the filters were selling for on Russo's ebay store.

Are they the Donaldson Air Filters? Most people do not make their own filters for those. Kawasaki uses the same ones as Kohler does...at least they cross to the same Wix filter. Anyway when you order them from Kawasaki, they com in a Kawasaki box. However they say FleetGaurd on them :)

Just something you may want to keep in mind. I will have to look at the Kohler ones and see. But would you rather pay 20 for ones that say Kohler on the box or get the exact same filter directly from the manufacturer of the filter without the Kohler markup? ;)

one man gang
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Best prices ,they make a lot of mistakes(shipping wrong parts) but the sales and service people are very good. I get most of my stuff from them. On my Hydro, they beat all the Gravley dealers I called by $600.

launboy
01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
russos is great. if you get a chance go to there open house in the spring. its awesome. there internet site is week don't let that deter you.

grass_cuttin_fool
01-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Are they the Donaldson Air Filters? Most people do not make their own filters for those. Kawasaki uses the same ones as Kohler does...at least they cross to the same Wix filter. Anyway when you order them from Kawasaki, they com in a Kawasaki box. However they say FleetGaurd on them :)

Just something you may want to keep in mind. I will have to look at the Kohler ones and see. But would you rather pay 20 for ones that say Kohler on the box or get the exact same filter directly from the manufacturer of the filter without the Kohler markup? ;)

Actually the kohler filters were 8-10 bux, the Carquest filter (wix) was 26 bux.

wayne