PDA

View Full Version : Chevy S10 Electrical Problems

GravelyGuy
01-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I have an 87 chevy S10 that is in pretty good shape, but it has recently been giving me some electrical troubles. First off my power windows and locks went out a little while back. I took it to a mechanic that has done work for me before and he determined that there was a bad ground somewhere. He was willing to fix it for me for cheap if I just let him rig it instead of fix it right. He just ran a new wire off of soemting else to give the windows power. The switches are reversed and the drivers side master does not control the passenger side, but my windows worked so I was happy.:hammerhead:

After all of this, the other day I was driving along and I noticed some white smoke coming from around the AC/Heat panel. It finally stopped after 5 minutes or so.

This morning I go out and my windows are frozen so I let them thaw and then I turn on my wipers. They move a little, but they are still frozen so I turned them off. After my truck fully thaws out the wipers will not work at all now. They will not turn on. Not even if I push the wipe/spray button(on the same switch).

I am guessing that the white smoke may be related. A wire must have gotten toasted or something. Also, a long time ago before any of the problems started, my cruize controll just stopped working suddenly. The wipers, cruize and turn signal are all on the turn signal arm.

I have not checked any fuses or anything yet. I may try to pull the dash panel out where the smoke was coming form and see if I can see any burned or frayed wires.

I figured you guys may be able to help me out. I can post pics or anything else you may need. It seems that Chevy has a lot of wiring problems. Not only with my truck, but others I know of.

Thanks for any help:)

jajwrigh
01-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I had 2 s10s, a 4.3 and a 2.2, and both of them were screwy with the electrical system. I would never buy another one...I realize this post doesn't really help you, but I thought I was all alone with the issue.

GravelyGuy
01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I got it figured out.

Total.Lawn.Care
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I got it figured out.

What was the issue???