PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bagging Mowers

joe7588
01-10-2007, 07:01 AM
I've come to the conclusion rear bagging mowers that dump from the seat
don't save any time. We bag and remove clippings from every house we cut and the time saved by using these machines are easily lost trying to get the clippings into the truck. Either we dump on the ground or have ramps into the truck, which on wet days the mower can't go up the ramp(to slick). Not
to mention the extra maintenance for the bag system. We have a protero vac and are always fixing it.

lawnpro724
01-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I only bag if I have to other than that mulch or side discharge, saves time and look just as good. If its to long when we show up usually in spring we bag but thats about it.

Jason Rose
01-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I agree! You are lucky that now most manufacturers have bag type catchers available. 6 to 8 years ago that was not the case. There was only a select few that even had their own catcher units and the others had to adapt a Peco or trac vac type catcher onto them. This is why Iv'e ran Dixon for so long. They have always had a grade A+ catcher set up.

I owned a 48" Walker and wish I still had one at times, but it was too much hassle to get the grass into the truck. Sure, for 2 to 4 thousand dollars you could either build or add a system to do the job, but thats a LOT of money to dump grass when other mowers can do that for free. (I know walkers have the insert bins now, I know guys that have them, they are a PITA to use.)

crzymow
01-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a walker and empty the grass into a garbage can, takes like 2 min to empty and dump. A lot faster then my 36" walk behind with a side bagger just for because i dont have to make as many trips to the truck.

razor1
09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
"We have a protero vac and are always fixing it." joe7588

What needs fixing on the Protero vac?