PDA

View Full Version : What Mower ?????

dispatcherfor911
01-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Ex-mark Lazer Xs Or Scag Turf Tiger

Both Are Going To Be 72" Cut...mulch Kit....35hp Vanguard Motor....
Is There One That Is Better Than The Other??? I Can Get Either One For The Same Amount Of Money. Please Help

fiveoboy01
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
If the Triton problems have been fixed by the update(to be implemented on all 2007 models) I'd go with the exmark. But that's just me, I am a little biased.

I think either model is gong to be a great mower.

newbomb
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Both brands are excellent, I however favor the Scag. If you look at little things like the throttle and choke controls you will see the Scag is made a little heavier. I know the Vangaurd is a B/S product and I was poisoned away from B/S years ago. I don't know if the vangard is a good motor or not. Perhaps others can inform you on the motors. I personally would never buy a B/S product.

Flex-Deck
01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Personally, if I were to invest in a 72" Z I would check out the 997 JD diesel.
Everyone I talk to loves the 7 iron deck.

green acres lawns
01-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I'd pick the Scag because I have one and have been well pleased. I also have a 60" Exmark and it has been ok. The Scag is heavier built, more open, easier to do maintenance on, sticks to hills better, but rides a little stiffer. I like the Deere 997 also, but it sets up too high for my properties.

fiveoboy01
01-11-2007, 12:24 AM
I was also going to mention a diesel. I know the exmark is available with one, not sure about the scag. I'd think that Vanguard is a real gas hog. If machine weight wasn't a big concern, I'd look at the diesel myself.

Cedar Valley Landscapes
01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I am going to be a little biased here. I would go with the exmark (which is the only machine my company uses). I have a 72" 31 hp vangaurd which is a couple years old. I have had great success with it and would recommend it to anyone.