PDA

View Full Version : new Lesco mower

Perfect Lawn
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Newer Lesco Mowers how do you change the oil without it getting all over the mower. The older ones the oil fell right through the hole.

wriken
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
on one of mine, I put a extension on, pipe, and elbow it to a good drain spot. You can get a oil valve and it comes with a plastic tube to put on to drain oil. I also have one of those, believe I got it from jthomas.

lawnpro724
01-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I guess you will have to thank MTD for not thinking about maintnance on your lesco. MTD makes (Yard Man, Ranch King, Lesco, Cub Cadet) and many more of the cheapest mowers on the planet. To answer you Q drain the oil and put on a longer drain pipe.

wriken
01-11-2007, 05:52 PM
I guess you will have to thank MTD for not thinking about maintnance on your lesco. MTD makes (Yard Man, Ranch King, Lesco, Cub Cadet) and many more of the cheapest mowers on the planet. To answer you Q drain the oil and put on a longer drain pipe.

I always thought CTP made cub commercial and lesco's Z2 mowers. Learn something everyday.:)

daveintoledo
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM

research this and try again.... COMMERCIAL mowers,, not residential

Jason Rose
01-11-2007, 07:19 PM

A. He's got the right idea with the oil drain extension.

B. He's also correct about the brands MTD makes, plus about a dozen others if you would like to count handheld type equipment too. They do make MTD pro, Cub Cadet, and Lesco. If you are looking at the same model size all 3 are the same.

roguesuerte
01-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Buy an oil extractor. Check out PELA extractors. You siphon the oil out the dipstick tube with little cleanup.

rider
01-11-2007, 08:13 PM
if it has a kawi it can put a tube on the end of the valve, just open and direct to a pan. scag wb are not any better. the oil hits the hole in the deck never.

Perfect Lawn
01-11-2007, 08:17 PM
I cant believe Lesco did that. Their older mowers did not have that problem.

lawnpro724
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM

I think your the one who needs to do research.