PDA

View Full Version : Riding lawn mower trouble

dave r
07-02-2001, 12:07 AM
I'm not a small engine mechanic, but would like some help on my riding lawn mower. My mower started leaving a strip of grass in the middle uncut. What causes this? Everytime I mow my yart there is always a strip in the middle of every pass. Thanks for the help.

Eric ELM
07-02-2001, 12:15 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite, you are the 4,000th member. :)

What mower are you using? If it is a two blade mower, the ends of the blades can be rounded off and missing a small strip of grass. If so, get new blades. How sharp are your blades?

EJK2352
07-03-2001, 01:34 AM
I would check for rounded off blade ends as Eric stated & also check to see if any of the blades or deck are bent. ED

swing blade
07-09-2001, 10:38 AM
I do agree with eric, but I need to know more. What type of mower is it? On my boss's ztr with three blades, it was having the same problem. He said that the mechanic just turned up the rpm a little

Swing blade:blob3:

NIXRAY
02-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Very True To All Of You, However Depending On The Size Of The Deck
It Could Just Simply Be Off Balance, I'd Check The Wear On The Anti-scalp Wheels, The Side With More Wear, Is Apprently To Low.

Wolfie's L&L
02-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Woah! This is an oldie, especially when Eric's username popped out at me!

Restrorob
02-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Woah! This is an oldie,

There have been a few of these oldie's making there way back up lately.......

Hatchett Brothers
02-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Check your spindles. If they have significant play in the bearings, they will wobble enough to leave an un cut strip. You can rebuild worn spindles with new bearings or replace the whole spindle. You will save money if you are able to rebuild the spindles yourself.