PDA

View Full Version : Oh Kubota people, I have your bible...

Willofalltrades
01-11-2007, 11:33 AM
A local sales personal wants to get me into the redesigned kubotas really bad. He mailed me a 28 page book with all the improvements and how it stacks up to the competition. Questions? ask away... (sorry no prices, thats the only thing not included)

features I like : You remove 4 pins and can pull the entire deck off the machine to service. Upgraded HST transmission (from 16cc hydros to 22cc). The overally ability to maintain the machine looks easy. Theres more but the book isn't in front of me...

Willofalltrades
01-11-2007, 11:34 AM
And yes when I say they compare it to the competition, I mean they attack SCAG and Exmark on each page.

fiveoboy01
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Only 28 pages?

Scan and post them!!:)

JK. Unless you want to:)

Envy Lawn Service
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
features I like : You remove 4 pins and can pull the entire deck off the machine to service.

My Lesco has that too.
Doesn't take but a minute or two for me to remove the entire deck.
This can be accomplished without loosing any of the deck settings two.
It's a nice feature and I've used it.

The decks are too heavy to want to mess around with them much like that though.
Maybe if the deck had 4 swiveling caster anti scalp wheels of decent diameter...
And you were on smooth concrete... well then I might use it more.

It's not something you'll use regularly.
But a real nice feature when you want to use it.

Willofalltrades
01-11-2007, 07:09 PM
My Lesco has that too.

Thats pretty cool, I always thought that at the end of the season, taking the deck off for a good service would be nice. Then again, my deck just flips up.

Willofalltrades
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Only 28 pages?

Scan and post them!!:)

JK. Unless you want to:)

Hey everybody, get a load of the new Lawnsite camedian! Sorry but no (I don't have a scaner).

Envy Lawn Service
01-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats pretty cool, I always thought that at the end of the season, taking the deck off for a good service would be nice. Then again, my deck just flips up.

Which is a much more useful feature.
Big plus about frontmounts such as your walker.

All the mid-mount MFG's are lagging behind Country Clipper on flip-up mid-mounts.

greengiant9963
01-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Which is a much more useful feature.
Big plus about frontmounts such as your walker.

All the mid-mount MFG's are lagging behind Country Clipper on flip-up mid-mounts.

I saw a Country Clipper last year at a small dealer in the area. Having a flip up deck mid mount ZTR is a great feature. Would make changing blades alot easier on a job site.

Envy Lawn Service
01-12-2007, 02:55 AM
I saw a Country Clipper last year at a small dealer in the area. Having a flip up deck mid mount ZTR is a great feature. Would make changing blades alot easier on a job site.

Yes, it's nice and it is not hard to do at all either.
It's well worth not having to lay on your back....
And on that mower it's a MUST due to the articulation of the front end and deck.
You can't get by with driving one wheel up the trailer gate on them because of it.

Overall, just to be dang honest, after much thought over one winter I decided to buy a Country Clipper several years ago. Went to buy it in the spring and the dealer was GONE. I thought he went belly up. I didn't find out until later that he had just relocated.

I've came deadly close to buying one 3 more times since (twin stick, not joystick). I've been unable to find any real reason not to try one other than the fact that I've been able to drive one... but can't get a "cutting" demo to take out and test.... and I almost bought a 27/60 Boss back in 2005 anyways. I mean I had my mind made up, knew what I was willing to pay and all... but the owner of the dealership shot himself in the foot on that one.

I mean when a guy like me calls and makes you a cash offer for a piece of floor stock, you atleast have to negotiate and work the deal. Yeah, I'm going to make you work a little when I KNOW you are high on price and you are not offering me a demo.

And when I'm ready to buy, I'm ready to buy because I have likely already took too long making up my mind as it is. Almost any dealer is eager to deal... that's why they call them dealers.... so you can't let much time lapse between exchanging negotiations with me. Otherwise, I get TERRIFIED of doing business with you really quick. If you're that slow about making a sale, how slow are you going to be when I need service/support?

I'm ready to take delivery that day, the next at the latest for a floor stock unit.
5 weeks later is a little to long to wait to continue negotiations.... LOL

fiveoboy01
01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
That's a good point. They're all over you like a fly on poop, as soon as you sign the paperwork they're not so much in a hurry anymore.

I hate pushy salesmen just as much as anyone. But I've gotten a couple who apparently don't even care whether or not they sell you a thing. Their enthusiasm is zero, and they have the personality of a rock. I think I'd rather deal with the pushy guy. At least he wants to sell me something...

My WB wasn't an in-stock unit, I was told 4 or 5 days max after it got shipped and set up.

I know for a fact it was in 4 days after I signed for it.

So, it took them 7 ADDITIONAL days to get it set up for me. Apparently a couple of control rods were missing and that was the delay. And no one was motivated enough to get them next-dayed to the dealership so I could have my mower.

pclawncare
01-13-2007, 07:47 PM
This delay that all of you are discussing is one thing that i was very very happy with my dealer over. I bought a brand new grasshopper this year you can say what ever you want about the mower its self, but the dealer was great. I went in on fri said hey i just picked up this big account and they said i have the job if i can mow it on mondayvanything you could do for me? i have several other accounts i needed this mower for also, but with out this one big one i couldnt justify spending 8 grand in my own mind when i can do it with my walker maybe a little slower but its not worth 8 grand. Back to what i was saying. The dealer said well i sold the last one i have of the model that i had picked out engine size and everything. Insted of getting one shipped or what ever he drove saturday to wherever he gets them from its like 4 hours away with his flat bed trailer. He picked it up took it down to his shop and put everything together and adjusted for me on saturday afternoon, not to mention that his shop is closed on sat and he had no help. He loaded back on his trailer and delivered to my house. I think that is service. He never complained or anything about it. He just said he had ordered a couple more mowers that werent supposed to be in till wed and he called a head and picked them all up. he was like not a problem. I just like to brag on this dealer, because i feel that he went out of his way when i was in a tight spot to get me the mower befor monday.

Envy Lawn Service
01-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, in my case it was not prime buying season.
The mower was floor stock.
It was a leftover.
It had also been stored in the right front corner of an outdoor covered area. (24/7)
Plus I could not DEMO.

The dealer was high on price and with all the above in mind, I did make him a lower offer... but it was a cash offer right out the door. A negotiation starter pretty much. I was willing to pay more for the mower, but not the sticker price because it was out of line.

When I called, the owner wasn't there, so I got his e-mail address and sent him a written offer. Instead of replying back something in relation to the mower I made an offer on, he offered me another brand mower with less options and power.

I replied back to let him know I was not really interested in the 'other' mower. Then I went on to tell him that I would be open to other suggestions, just not that one, and I would be open to negotiating with him. I also dropped a hint that I knew someone from out of town that had bought a mower like I made the offer on and that he had paid less. I didn't say how much, just less. That statement was true too. That knowledge and quotes from two other dealers is how I knew his price was high.

Well, the guy never got back in touch with me for any more negotiations. No price negotiation on the unit I wanted... and no other suggestions at all, such as stepping down to a 52" cut or over to some other unit besides his first alternative suggestion.

I called and left messages too, just in case the e-mail got lost or something.
I got nothing.... and I said to myself.... I said self... "if he's no more eager to sell a mower than that, imagine what it will be like if you need parts or service... how long will that take?"

I went somewhere else and bought something else... simple as that. His loss, because I had made up my mind I was willing to pay more than my first offer of course. I would have met him half way... actually past half way out the door. I would have signed the dotted line and handed him the cash and drove away with it (tax & all) for about $300 less than his sticker price. That would have been a fair price for both parties. But I'd bet you he's still sitting on that mower to this day. He can keep it for all I care.

Instead of negotiating like he should have, he waits until about 5 weeks later, and then decides to e-mail me about a 20hp 48" joystick model he took on trade in just before I came in.... as if I would have even dreamed of waiting on him that long.... and as if I would have even dreamed of paying him anywhere near my offer on a NEW 27hp 60" twin stick model.

:laugh:

pclawncare
01-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Good choich on going somewhere else doesnt sound like he wanted your business too bad like you said his loss