PDA

View Full Version : Who sales the most?

JClawncare
01-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Just wondering which brand of mower actually sales the most? Scag, Emark,Husqvarna, Dixie,John Deere, Etc...

d&rlawncare
01-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Not trying to be an a$$ And I am far from the best speller/english person. You do mean "Who sells the most?" right?

procut
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I was told eXmark has 47% of the business.

smcunningham
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
sounds about right....47%.....for 2005...........don't know about 2006.

lawnpro724
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
MTD the largest maker of mowers in the world, you would be surprised what commercial brands they make and they all look the same. Ooops my mistake they are a different color. Besides them Toro, Exmark, and Scag and some others make there own but use some parts made by MTD.

green acres lawns
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
In total numbers sold, I think Scag would be close to the top. In total sold per year Exmark would probably be tops for the last few years. I would like to know also. Maybe some one can come up with accurate numbers.

Vikings
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
47% of what market? not home owner I would hope. I thought the answer to his question would be some walmart brand or troy built, something cheap.

procut
01-11-2007, 11:12 PM
47% of what market? not home owner I would hope. I thought the answer to his question would be some walmart brand or troy built, something cheap.

Commercial mower sales. I just assumed this was what he wanted to know.

Mean Green Lawns
01-11-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't think anyone should be planning on making a purchase based on the effectiveness of marketing from any particular Brand of products in any facet of life as a consumer .

saw man
01-11-2007, 11:31 PM
MTD owns the Troybuilt name plus many others.

Moyer Lawns
01-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Nationaly I'd say Exmark. Here in Central Indiana it's Dixie Choppers by a WIDE margin. The fact I have 8 helps DC's cause..lol

Team-Green L&L
01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
I have not read the quarterlies yet, but I'd be willing to bet that JD still has the market majority. Exmark holds the Lawnsite majority and are becoming more and more prevelant in the residential eye, but JD is, no less than, a Powerhouse in our industry.

sawman65
01-12-2007, 05:57 AM
MTD the largest maker of mowers in the world, you would be surprised what commercial brands they make and they all look the same. Ooops my mistake they are a different color. Besides them Toro, Exmark, and Scag and some others make there own but use some parts made by MTD.

i dont think tihs is a true statment you will not see parts made by mtd on a exmark,toro or a scag. they may have parts in common but mtd dont make them

RICHIE K
01-12-2007, 06:24 AM
I dont know this one but here in mercer everyone uses bobcat thats all i see i must be the only one to use GRAVELY

tacoma200
01-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Exmark and the mother company Toro have the comercial market by a wide margin so far.

rodfather
01-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I was told by a senior officer in a large mowing equipment manufacturer (fellow competitor) that eXmark ships the most number of Z's in the US...what % of the total market of I don't remember. 47% or what I read previously sounds way to high since there are now over 50 manufacturers of commercial grade mowers.

Hard to believe there is that many...

Team-Green L&L
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Just remember that the "best seller" is usually an inferior product. I am not saying that is the case (which I do believe Exmark and Toro are junk) here, but in the light of things. Toro uses the vast majority of spendable profits on advertising (and to whom?). The billboards are on the streets, the ads are in Better Home and Gardens and Golf Digest. I'm not thinking that they are pushing the commercial industry. The money in retail is not with us. The quality of parts will obviously depreciate as they transition into a residential market.

Walker still holds the title for "Best Mower" and "Best Bagging System".
Scag has always been trusted by us
Exmark are purchased cheap and sold cheap. Operative word: Cheap!

LB1234
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Just remember that the "best seller" is usually an inferior product. I am not saying that is the case (which I do believe Exmark and Toro are junk) here, but in the light of things. Toro uses the vast majority of spendable profits on advertising (and to whom?). The billboards are on the streets, the ads are in Better Home and Gardens and Golf Digest. I'm not thinking that they are pushing the commercial industry. The money in retail is not with us. The quality of parts will obviously depreciate as they transition into a residential market.

Funny, Toro sponsors the 7th inning stretch at Yankees standium! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ed2hess
01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Why doesn't one of the lawnsite sponsors share the numbers with us? I remember the Scag guys getting a monthly national sales report of some kind that showed all the information for all brands. The data was not simple set it had data for motor sizes and all the various models.

walker/redmax
01-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Not trying to be an a$$ And I am far from the best speller/english person. You do mean "Who sells the most?" right?

No no no no no no, he meant to say "wich 1 o 'dem sells thou more mostest (not to be confused with 'mimosa') brands a mowers 'den d others's." And if I were to take an educated guess, I would say that John Deer probably sells the mostest.

J&R Landscaping
01-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I would have to believe Exmark, and Scag are top 2.

02DURAMAX
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
In my area....most companies have Scag, Wright, & Exmark....They seem to like the stander & Truf Tiger alot..

puppypaws
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I was told by a dealer of several brands that all zero turn commercial mower sales were down for 2006 except Hustler which was up 28%.

tacoma200
01-12-2007, 10:19 PM

Exmark claims #1 in customers satisfaction which I have no proof of but tell Toyota that sales and quality don't match. They will be #1 in sales soon and it's because of quality, no question. I have owned 2 Exmarks, and they are very reliable. Most of the major Commercial mowers use the same engines, pumps, motors, etc. and most are very good mowers. I watch used prices on mowers very closely and Exmark, Scag, Deere, etc hold the value very well. Hustler does not seem to hold as well for some reason. Nothing wrong with marketing, all the big company's are there to make money. I would guess Exmark spends more on R&D than most. I wouldn't trade my Exmark for anything out there and I've been on all of them just about but not much JD experience.