PDA

View Full Version : anyone use zillow

smcunningham
01-11-2007, 09:13 PM
when someone calls and wants an estimate, does anybody do any searches on the net on prop value and prop size...I use zillow.com alls you do is type in address and zip and it will give prop size and value bedrooms bath ect. it kinda gives me a heads up..sometimes i might google earth also the prop.

does anybody use any other sites or have suggestions......:)

fiveoboy01
01-11-2007, 09:20 PM
The property value and home size should have nothing to do with how much you charge.

I don't differentiate between the richest man in town and the potato-bag wearing dude when pricing their properties.

I could see it being useful if you could get an accurate property size, but that's all I would use it for.

smcunningham
01-11-2007, 09:30 PM
fiveoboy, as far as i can tell it's real accurate

p.s. yeah I Know the sign on my blazer is *hity looking but i keep getting calls they say they see my truck and call. you would be surprised how many lco's around my way don't have signs.......my f-150 has magnets
getting some for my blazer berfore season starts....I'll post pick of f-150 mags on the other thread about same topic

Runner
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Zillow just doesn't cover alot of properties. Gogle earth, I can travel anywhere and move around. It has an AWEsome feature that allows you to click on a spot and move your mouse to draw a line and it measures it for you in any increments you want (feet, inches, miles, etc.). You click on one corner of a square, move the line down and get the measurement, then do a b-line with the cursor to the other corner, and you have just measured a large area in seconds. You can also plane down to go around a building and see all the trees, structures and beds on a property. This is great for measuring lots, also.

smcunningham
01-11-2007, 10:04 PM
thanks for the imfo runner about measuring w/ cursor

ynvvbr
01-11-2007, 10:06 PM
what google earth are you using that does that? aren't there a few paying versions?

Runner
01-11-2007, 10:29 PM
This is the free version. You go to tools and go to Ruler. It is amazing. yo can survey a whole property in a matter of seconds or minutes.

smcunningham
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
ynbbvr....there is a site called limewire...not legal but you can get the paid versions of google earth there
nevermind,runner describes how to do it

Mean Green Lawns
01-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Zillow...lol this site has been around for a while and I use to use them when looking for directions to a property. Zillo Used to have many more options a few years ago however the satellite views don't zoom in far enough to make an accurate judgement.

HOWEVER.. Yahoo does the same thing as Zillo now and zooms in further. Much better service and quality for the same price.. FREE..

Mean Green Lawns
01-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Google earth has operating restrictions so make sure you have windows xp to use it