PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Parks

Mean Green Lawns
01-12-2007, 02:44 AM
help please...In MI

in this area we have about 5-6 trailer parks that are on nice lots and are not cheap by any means. 50-100K dollar trailers. I know I could make a killing if people were willing to pay someone to cut the lawn for them but do people in parks hire services? If so, is it typical to go door to door with flyers? I'm not sure what the rules or laws are for parks in reguards to soliciting business. If anyone has experience in this what do you typically charge? I figure 10$ is fair.

Tom c.
01-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Maybe check with the manager? He probably would be able to point you in the right direction.

wowmowwow
01-12-2007, 07:58 AM
when trimming around the trailors be VERY careful! some underpending is fragile and string will pop holes in it like theres no tomorrow. the two people i mowed for got a jug of round up from me...no charge. i asked them to spray around there house so i would nt have to weed eat and tear up their home. they understood and it was a win win. but thats with two trailors...
thanks

Tim Wright
01-12-2007, 08:29 AM
I do mow about 25 trailers. I cannot go around and pass out flyers, but the office manager has referred nearly all of them to me herself.

If you can get one or two to get started it will go from there. It may take time but will happen.

And it is true. The underskirting will tear on a breeze. Spray around it, or run on the ground runner, but know that if you hit a rock with the string or head that the trimmer may very well bounce and do its damage anyway. Just a toch of round up not much at all.

Tim

gqnine44
01-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Dont extend credit. You will get customers but collect each time. And either talk to the manager about getting in their community newsletter and about getting referals. But never ask if you can solicit! Just do it anyway. They are not going to through you in jail. It is far easier to say sorry than to go around asking permission.