PDA

View Full Version : Restoration Project

vipermanz
07-02-2001, 03:20 AM
I am currently restoring an 11 year old briggs&stratton 12hp i/c engine on a riding mower back up to running order, Everything so far has gone pretty good except, I thought on the bottom of the fuel bowl was a drain plug, which turned out to be THE NEEDLE ADJUST SCREW!, Now that i have stripped the bolt and can't get the screw back in the right place, ANY HELP OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????
OR should it just go to a shop?:confused:

p.s i can post pics of the problem if you want

Thanks in advance,
JZ

sdwally
07-02-2001, 10:06 AM
You can try a thread restoring(cleaning) tap or if it is too bad check with a shop for a used carb. Most shops have bone piles and sell parts at half the price of new.
Good luck.

vipermanz
07-03-2001, 03:05 AM
thank for the idea!!:blob3:

vipermanz
07-04-2001, 02:52 AM
WHEWWWWW!!!!!! today i:
sharpened the blades
un-seized the spindles
semi-fixed the needle valve
and washed it!

vipermanz
07-04-2001, 08:32 PM
today it copped an attitude and doesn't want to start!!

Chopper Lover
07-10-2001, 11:23 PM
See what happens when you wash something??

Grab a handful of dirt and throw it on your mower... Once you get it dirty again things will be fine!

Mark

07-10-2001, 11:31 PM
Well, I don't know Mark........................................ "My" welding truck seems happier after I wash & detail it! ;)

Joking aside, vipermanz, you posted "semi-fixed the needle valve", I'm wondering if this is still out of adjustment and that's why the "no-start". Or, another idea that comes to mind: could some water have gotten into the fuel tank or possibly into ignition components?

vipermanz
07-11-2001, 02:31 AM
i scrapped the project:alien: