PDA

View Full Version : new flyer

jaybow
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey what do you guys think?

Daner
01-12-2007, 05:33 PM
very creative...maybe your company name at the top would be a good thing.

jaybow
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey what do you guys think?

HERES MY BETTER FLYER

Petr51488
01-12-2007, 06:38 PM
You should have a customized email. Their free at yahoo i think

JDWalkbehind
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
oh even nicer. looks good.

nick

RedMax Man
01-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Take the pic. of the mower out and add more pics. of your work. Most people don't really care about your mowers and stuff, they care about what their property would look like if you serviced it. Other than that looks good. Make sure you co. name is clearly defined in the flyer.

cgland
01-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Your name is too close to your heading. You need to space it out a bit. And like someone else said, people could care less to see a pic of your rig. They want to see the quality of your workmanship.
Here are a couple of ours. The one I actually got from someone on here. I just modified it.

Chris

ed2hess
01-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Interesting how many flyers and truck advertisement have area codes for phones. Do you work across multple area codes, if not get rid of it because it is too much for people to remember on quick glance. People look for a simple email address these days .

cgland
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Interesting how many flyers and truck advertisement have area codes for phones. Do you work across multple area codes, if not get rid of it because it is too much for people to remember on quick glance. People look for a simple email address these days .

For most of PA you HAVE to dial the area code to complete the call.

Chris

1MajorTom
01-13-2007, 12:08 AM
For most of PA you HAVE to dial the area code to complete the call.

Chris

ya, didn't that stink when that was implemented? :hammerhead:

cgland
01-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Sure did! For the longest time I had to dial numbers 2-3 times!:hammerhead:

Chris

Tony Clifton
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Nice work!
Take the picture of the truck/trailer out, and then get rid of the picture of the mower. Actually get rid of all of the pictures, and put a few coupons at the bottom. I think that if you arent putting coupons/specials on the flier then you are making a mistake.
Also, I saw where someone said to take off the area code. DO NOT DO THAT!
You always want your area code to accompany your phone #.

GrassBustersLawn
01-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Here's my 2 cents....ditch the different COLORS. It is going to cost you a TON to get printed! Go with either 1 color on WHITE paper or BLACK print on a colored paper. It will be cheaper. Flyers are a NUMBERS GAME. You gotta put out a TON to get a couple of calls, so they have to be AFFORDABLE.

Mike

firefightergw
01-14-2007, 01:22 AM
It looks good. I agree, I would take the pic out of the equip and instead insert another pic of your work. I do disagree with putting your company name at the top. I think it clutters your main message, "relax.....put your lawn in our hands". You want to grab their attention and I think that does but I would put your business name at the bottom.

Lawnworks
01-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I think you need to go back to the drawing board if you want a professional flyer. Your flyers looks a 16-year old drew it up.... maybe you are 16 though. You need to drop the pics of your equipment... no offense but it isn't impressive. I would add a pic of yourself and some more of your work. I think pics distingish you from the competition. Here is one of my flyers.

jaybow
01-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Here is my latest flyer

Lawnworks
01-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Better... it still needs some help though. I would lose the "relax your yard is in our hands." Do you really want to do gutter cleaning? It is a waste of time if you ask me. I would still put a picture of yourself on there. That way they know they are not hiring hobo w/ a push mower.

I would use "lawn maintenance" and "pruning/shearing" instead of hedges... I think people assume edging and trimming comes along w/ the lawn maintenance. Then maybe you could add re-mulch or whatever you do up north to refresh beds. I guess you are not in landscaping or irrigation.

If you are targeting nice yards... you need to make it more professional in my opinion.

jaybow
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it. I am new at all this and your input helps me to think of things I never thought of.

jaybow
01-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Better... it still needs some help though. I would lose the "relax your yard is in our hands." Do you really want to do gutter cleaning? It is a waste of time if you ask me. I would still put a picture of yourself on there. That way they know they are not hiring hobo w/ a push mower.

I would use "lawn maintenance" and "pruning/shearing" instead of hedges... I think people assume edging and trimming comes along w/ the lawn maintenance. Then maybe you could add re-mulch or whatever you do up north to refresh beds. I guess you are not in landscaping or irrigation.

If you are targeting nice yards... you need to make it more professional in my opinion.
I am just starting out this year and will be considering other addons to the buisness in the future.

Skimastr105
01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I am using this flyer for my spring advertising.

JFizzle
01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
CG-
When do you use the door hanger and when do you use the flyer?

Wrobel#1
01-16-2007, 12:06 PM
gutter cleaned?

jaybow
01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Ok this is the flyer I will be starting to distribute later this week thanks for all the input guys.

Team-Green L&L
01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Ok this is the flyer I will be starting to distribute later this week thanks for all the input guys.

My 2 cents...change the word "yard" to "lawn" in every ad.

TPnTX
01-17-2007, 12:09 PM
also www.greenview@yahoo.com is not ligit.

as a matter of fact "email me @" is not necessary and kinda unprofessional (in my opinion)

s/b email: greenview@yahoo.com or something like that.

unless your going for the 'Solo' approach in terms of niche. You might want to reconsider things such as Me, My and I. "put you lawn in our hands" conveys the same message.

jaybow
01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
also www.greenview@yahoo.com is not ligit.

as a matter of fact "email me @" is not necessary and kinda unprofessional (in my opinion)

s/b email: greenview@yahoo.com or something like that.

unless your going for the 'Solo' approach in terms of niche. You might want to reconsider things such as Me, My and I. "put you lawn in our hands" conveys the same message.This will be my first year starting up so for know I am solo and dont want to misrepresent myself with the illusion of being big.But I would like to look as profesional as possible.

jaybow
01-17-2007, 12:39 PM
My 2 cents...change the word "yard" to "lawn" in every ad.
By changing the word yard to lawn it would give the impression the only thing to be maintenanced would be the yard.That is mostly true but in the future I would like to add other things on.

cgland
01-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Jfizzle - We use the door hanger when we are in a neighborhood where we do a bunch of homes and would like to pinpoint one or two. We use the flyer when we want to get into a development or something, so we just hand out a ton of them and hope for a couple bites.

Chris

stuffdeer
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
What cities are you planning on sending these out to?

I'd like to look at one in person.

Lawnworks
01-18-2007, 07:00 AM
What cities are you planning on sending these out to?

I'd like to look at one in person.

just hit the print button