PDA

View Full Version : Cemeterys............I Love Em!

deereman
01-13-2007, 05:09 PM
We have been maintaing one of our areas largest cemeterys going on five years now. Well today we had our annual meeting this morning , and at the end of the meeting they asked if I had anything that I wanted to talk about and I said that I didnt, and was just there to make sure they are happy with every thing that we have been doing. Anywho the one board member said that he had something to say and went on and on about me and our company about how well mannered our workers are and how we bend over backwards for them and that he wanted to show there appreciation by increasing the price of mowing! They all looked at me and I said we are good at the current price but they all voted to increase the price! And I love it! We were already ahead of current prices that would normaly be charged for a cemetery of the same size.But I guess the hard work paid off again! And the funny thing is we dont treat them any different than anybody else, meaning we dont bend over backwords for them or anything like that. Sorry for the bragging but it makes a person feel good after having somebody compliment you like that and then use money to back it up!

jsf343
01-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow that is a nice compliment! congrats to you and your team!

corey1977
01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I love mowing cemeteris also I just won the bid on one

TURFLORD
01-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Dead people don't complain much.

deereman
01-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Nor , due they tip very well either!

Liquidfast
01-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Knowing your price is the key. You stated that you were happy with the price and they still agreed to increase it.

Today, I found out this morning that we are charging $40 per application for salt LESS than the last guy....???? To boot, we were feeling guilty for charging what we are currently charging. Last week, I wondered why NO ONE was complaining about their invoices....now I know why LOL. We are still making a profit.....do you think these places will ever agree to pay more????? I WISH! :laugh:

rodfather
01-14-2007, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=deereman;1672324]They all looked at me and I said we are good at the current price but they all voted to increase the price! And I love it! We were already ahead of current prices that would normaly be charged for a cemetery of the same size.

nothing wrong with that...congrats

AndyTblc
01-14-2007, 10:52 AM
How do you mow grass at a cemetary, going up and down the lanes, I see that, but then do you take your trimmer and go around how ever many thousands of tumbstones? Or are they spaced out a lot to get the mower around in there. Cuz up here, they are close together and you can probly get a small pushmower threw there. What all is your procedures for cutting it?

paponte
01-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Good to hear. We bid on one last year but we came out a little higher in price. I know the currently company in there has fumbled the ball several times and the members are not too happy with them, so I just keep mailing literature.

It is nice to know that not EVERYONE is concerned 100% with price, and that quality DOES matter. Wish it was more like that here. :)

LB1234
01-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Good job. Always nice to know you are wanted.

You do know why there are fences around those cemetaries???

People are just dying to get in.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry one of my grandfathers oldest jokes!

dwlah
01-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry for the bragging but it makes a person feel good after having somebody compliment you like that and then use money to back it up!
I stopped at the auto parts store the other day and one of the guys in there complimented me on how the cemetery I mow looked so much better than in the past few years
And yes it does feel good:waving:
Dead people don't complain much.

Check out the latest Turf Mag has an article about keeping up cemeteries
My dad read it and got the biggest laugh out of the quote(paraphrased suffering CRStuff)
If its done right nobody complains if its messed up somebody's going to hear about it
(He is on the cemetery committee)

Splicer
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
The ultimate compliment!!!:clapping: :drinkup: :weightlifter: :cool2: payup

WALKER LANDSCAPE
01-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I would take compliment like that all year long I would still be very humble by the way.payup :cool2: payup

robbo521
01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
i rather do a cemetery any day of the week than a old farts yard that watches every move.

Gatewayuser
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Cemeteries and cemetery is the proper way to spell.
I love doing them too the tenants don't complain either!:laugh: