PDA

View Full Version : Tinted the windows on my truck..

mow king
01-14-2007, 05:15 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/mgc9876/IM001222.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/mgc9876/IM001223.jpg

The odometer just hit 100,000 last week.

And a quick pic of the Case..
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/mgc9876/IM001217.jpg

DSLND
01-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Nice! I really like the Case Skidsteer. Hoping to purchase one in the future. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
01-14-2007, 05:27 PM
That crome grille on the truck isn't original right? Did you install it or did the previous owner do it. That truck looks like a great work horse... maybe you could update the headlamps.

mikes landscaping
01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
yea, that truck looks like a best. Nice truck

Lawnworks
01-14-2007, 06:10 PM
How do you like the case? foot controls?

mow king
01-14-2007, 06:34 PM
The original owner added the chrome grill...it just had a standard grill originally since its an XL.

The truck is a beast, it's perfect for towing a skidsteer around. I still haven't gotten used to the power, Last week I was in the passing lane towing a skidsteer going with the flow of traffic, I looked down and was doing 90mph. It's sneaky fast.

I buy and sell skid steers on the side (works hand in hand with the main business). I have only put about 50 hours on cases, overall I think they're a really heavy duty machine and second favorite to Cat for me. This particular one has hand controls - If I only operated one type of machine, then they would be great. However going from operating one kind for a week or two then operating another type can makes things difficult.

MImowerkid
01-15-2007, 07:38 PM
beautiful!I want it ! what percent is that ? Is the windshield done? I have 17%all around and 54% on the windshield.

Jason Rose
01-15-2007, 07:53 PM
that is a NICE truck! Can't believe that's got 100,000 on it.

I need to get my windows tinted in my Dodge work truck too. Just makes a huge difference on cab temps in the summer... On the other hand, I keep the windows down when it's hot out, then roll them back up when I travel and crank the a/c. Wow, I talked myself out of window tinting fast huh? lol

Allure
01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
that tinting would be illegal here in NJ.

mow king
01-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I have 20% on the back, 35% on the sides, none on the windshield.

Technically it's illegal in Ohio. You can have any tint on the rear window and rear side windows (On a 4 door car/truck) and 50% on front windows.

However I've had this setup on my car for 3yrs and have never been hassled once, so I'm not too concerned.

When I bought the truck with 98k miles on it, my friends thought it was brand new when they first saw it.

MysticLandscape
01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
What shade? I just got 20's on my truck

DBL
01-15-2007, 09:35 PM
i have 5% all around you cant see in even with your head up against the glass and i love it makes the truck look good and i like yours on a white truck too

GreenN'Clean
01-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I got 5% all around on my BMW 740il and every time I take It out I get pulled over by the cops.

Lawnworks
01-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I got 5% all around on my BMW 740il and every time I take It out I get pulled over by the cops.

lol... I think the window tint is our right to privacy. I have had all four of my trucks blacked out including the windshields... but due to ONE cop that pulled me over about once a month on average... I put them all to legal tint... I really don't mind paying the $60 ticket, but the last time he threatened to impound my truck next time. I am not losing a day of work due to some bullcrap. What a cocksucker, hell I am helping to pay his salary w/ the tickets... he should be happy.

FrankenScagMachines
01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I have 5% and LOVE IT... Its on the 4 side windows, back window, and top 8" or so of the front windshield.... When I ride with someone else that doesn't have tint on their vehicles it drives me NUTS i can't stand it! But I have to take my tinted Stihl safety glasses off when I get in the truck LOL, its like wearing them at night... Oh i never been pulled over for tint yet (knock on wood) cops are more worried bout the meth and crime around here than tint/exhaust stuff... I've got twin 5" stacks and a pumped up 12 valve Cummins that blows massive clouds of smoke too and is loud... never hassle me over that either...

Like i always say about my tint, can't see in in the day, can't see out at night! Got to roll the windows down at night to turn or at a 4way stop in an unlit area...

mow king
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I have 5% and LOVE IT... Its on the 4 side windows, back window, and top 8" or so of the front windshield.... When I ride with someone else that doesn't have tint on their vehicles it drives me NUTS i can't stand it! But I have to take my tinted Stihl safety glasses off when I get in the truck LOL, its like wearing them at night... Oh i never been pulled over for tint yet (knock on wood) cops are more worried bout the meth and crime around here than tint/exhaust stuff... I've got twin 5" stacks and a pumped up 12 valve Cummins that blows massive clouds of smoke too and is loud... never hassle me over that either...

Like i always say about my tint, can't see in in the day, can't see out at night! Got to roll the windows down at night to turn or at a 4way stop in an unlit area...

Great looking truck, how much did your exhaust set up cost you?

RedMax Man
01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
that rig is a beast!

mikes landscaping
01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah that rig is a beast.

TJLANDS
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Just my oppinion... tinted windows gives an unprofessional statement.
More of I care more about my truck than you. Lose the tint on the drivers and passenger windows.

Lawnworks
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
More of I care more about my truck than you. Lose the tint on the drivers and passenger windows.

Just about all of the companies here have some sort of tint on there trucks. I don't see any correlation b/t tint and professionalism. Down south tint is almost a necessity.

FrankenScagMachines
01-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys.
The stacks were cheap for me. A buddy gave them to me and I did the plumbing myself, spent under $100 on the whole setup, though i've heard of people spending $1000+ on "boughten" stack setups, and almost $2k with installation :rolleyes: I'm going to shorten them down to about cab level height..

Hahaha... yea right! So, if I have a $40k work truck and service a client who only generates $1,500 revenue for me each year, that too shows that i care more about my truck than my client? how ridiculous! LOL... tint is cheap and its extremely practical. Keeps the sun out, which is cooler temps, easier on the eyes, I also have my tint for security reasons, so would-be-theives can't see whats in my vehicle, people driving by my truck parked on the side of the road can't see into it (laptop is usually sitting on the center console opened up), also everyone has to take a pee sometimes, and often times not near a restroom. Unless you have an enclosed trailer, you're limited as to where you can go sometimes on a not-so-private property. I can take a leak in an empty bottle or cup in the privacy of my truck if need be. Its more effecient too in the summertime you don't always need to run your a/c as hard to keep it comfortable.
Also, as a customer, I don't really care what other businesses drive.. Personally I think tint gives a vehicle a cleaner appearance, and shows that person cares about their ride and wants it to be functional. If thier tint is bubbled and or torn, it shows they don't take care of their stuff. It can tell you about someone lol..
To each their own opinion i guess but i won't have it any other way.
ok off my soapbox.
thanks for reading.

TJLANDS
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
No problem, just my oppinion.

DLCS
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
personally I love window tint, I used to tint all my vehicles. Keeps the interior cooler in the summer and seats don't fade. Lots of companies tint their windows. I did however stop tinting. Reason is the local cops would use it as a reason to stop you, state and county cops could careless about it but the local cops liked to write tickets for it. Tinting is illegal in Illinois.

bigjeeping
01-19-2007, 07:45 AM
I like tint, except for the occasions when it looks ghetto.. like the purple, cracked tint.

rick2752
05-07-2007, 11:03 PM
frankenscag please check your pms

Thanks

Classified
05-07-2007, 11:43 PM
personally I love window tint, I used to tint all my vehicles. Keeps the interior cooler in the summer and seats don't fade. Lots of companies tint their windows. I did however stop tinting. Reason is the local cops would use it as a reason to stop you, state and county cops could careless about it but the local cops liked to write tickets for it. Tinting is illegal in Illinois.

Exactly why I stop with the tint. I only used to tint for 2 reasons, one the vehicle looks soooo much nicer and cleaner and 2 it helps alot with keeping the inside cooler. But I just kept getting pulled over and decided it wasnt worth the hassle anymore.

I am jealous of those who can leagally tint at any percent because its 100% ilegall here in illinois to tint the windshield and front windows. ah well

DoetschOutdoor
05-07-2007, 11:49 PM
If you get regular eye exams, just ask your doc for a note. Mine gave me one that permits all windows and the windshield after I told him I do lawnwork and the sun is always blasting my eyes. I would never get the windshield tinted unless I was filthy rich and had another car to drive at night because you could not drive a car at night with the windshield tinted. I think window tinting makes the vehicle look more professional, it totally changes the way a vehicle looks and cleans it up.

Knock on wood, havent been harassed about the windows yet but it will be a good time when the cop thinks hes givin me a ticket and then I pull out the prescription note.:)

Classified
05-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I tried the doctor route and they said its alot of paperwork and that in order to carry the note you can only drive during certain parts of the day. So it wouldnt really work here.

DoetschOutdoor
05-08-2007, 12:40 AM
What part of IL you from? Im from souther IL and my doc took care of it while I was paying the bill last time.

Classified
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
What part of IL you from? Im from souther IL and my doc took care of it while I was paying the bill last time.

way up in the NW burbs of the city in schaumburg. I have 2 eye doctors that I go to they both told me the same exact thing nearly verbatim so i figured im outta luck, lol. unless your doctor wants to write me a note!, haha

DoetschOutdoor
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
My doc told me not to go blabbing about it, but he was pretty chill in writing it. He said the cops will be pretty ticked when I show them the note but that they cant give me a ticket. I've only been pulled over once in my new truck with the windows blacked out and it was about 2am on a backroad. The cop would not walk up to my truck because he couldnt see in and was really hesitant. He mad me get out of the truck and when everything was settled he said he had to ask me to get out because he couldnt see a dang thing in my truck. I love the privacy of tinted windows.

I simply told my doc that I was always working outside and with the sun beaing down, I had to tint the windows. He wrote some BS eye problem I had and it was done. Hopefully I wont have to use this note but it is handy knowing that unless Im doing somthing else illegal he cant give me a ticket

DBL
05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
im gonna need to get me a doctors note too