PDA

View Full Version : 1993 L8000 - What's it worth?

Andyinchville
01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
HI All,

I am looking to buy a 1993 Ford L8000 16' Flat Bed Dump (with stake sides)with 271K miles. The truck has a Cummins 8.3 Diesel, 7 speed trans, AC, Air Brakes, Pintle Hitch, 33K GVW. The owner says the truck is in EC both mechanically and body wise (pics seem to confirm this). Truck does not smoke (other than normal diesel smoke) or leak any fluids. The truck has twin 75 Gal aluminum fuel tanks and aluminum rims all around...Tires are said to be about 80% and the clutch was replaced 2 months ago. The current owner is a landscape company that uses the truck to deliver goods and materials to their work sites and to haul a trailer with their equipment. What do you think this truck should be worth?
The truck is still in daily operation. Any opinions on this truck? What would you look for?....I plan on using it to haul my backhoe (Case 680E) and my loader (Cat d4), Additionaly I may use it to haul logs to the lumber mill when we clear lots and during the lawn season I will use it for my hydroseeder and or seal coat equipment....or maybe as a trash / debris hauler / mulch hauler...

Thanks for any and all advice or input
Andrew

PS - How doe the Cummins 8.3 compare to the DT466 in terms of economy, durability and power?