PDA

View Full Version : Miska Trailers

Lynden-Jeff
01-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey,

Does anyone use Miska Trailers? They are out of Hamilton. They apparently make high quality trailers and there prices are good but ive heard there business has been a little sketchy in the past. Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers
Jeff

leaflandscape
01-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Hi Jeff, we're in London, and bought a 2005 Miska 3.5 ton dumper. We haven't had any problems with the trailer, and we work it hard. They seemed really good to deal with, the trailers are all custom made to your specs as far as size and features. Ours has a two-way gate that works really slick. The only problem with their trailers is the paint job. There is a primer coat, but the paint job looks like it was done with a can of tremclad. It definitely wasn't done in a paint booth as I'd thought it would be, but with a little touch up in the off-season, it looks as good as new. The other thing is with a lot of use we burned out the battery which we ended up being told was too small for the dumper to begin with. But from a business standpoint, they gave us everything they said they would for a lot less than the local competition. Cheers.

Lynden-Jeff
01-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks. Bummer about the paint job. How long ago did you purchase yours? I know they have moved locations so maybe there new place has a booth. Appreciate the feedback!

Cheers
Jeff

leaflandscape
02-06-2007, 12:22 AM
we bought ours in september of 2005, and I'd get another one for sure. The paint things a pain, but whaddya do? What kind of trailer are you getting?

Lynden-Jeff
02-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Hey,

Getting the duel axle 16 footer with drop axles, tool box and possibly a breakaway kit. Hopefully they have improved there paint situation, if not I will just get it painted in a few years.

Cheers
Jeff

leaflandscape
02-06-2007, 09:02 AM
We spend about an hour and about $20 annually to keep the trailer looking good and that's not too big of a deal. I've thought about painting the bottom with that undercoat paint (the rubberized stuff with the grainy texture, from TSC). Have you ever used this stuff? That 16 footer would be a nice setup, they make a nice solid toolbox at Miska.:weightlifter:

zedosix
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I bought a snowmobile trailer from them years ago. It did the trick, but you can tell for sure they are not built to last. You get what you pay for.