PDA

View Full Version : Professional Question needing Professional Answers!!!

TheLawnShark
01-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey guys. I mow about 20 yards and i recently bought a 36in walk behind. I bout it so i could load it into the back of my Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab. Purchasing a trailer is not the route that i want to go so i am looking to find the best solution as to how to get it into the back of my truck. I need some kind of ramps that will allow me to walk up it so i can control the mower. i saw this http://home.earthlink.net/~pmdeans/ on the internet and it looks like it would work but i dont think they make them anymore. I dont want to spend a fortune just on ramps but i cannot get a trailer b/c i have nowhere to store it. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

tthomass
01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Go to Lowes and get a set of aluminum?

I do like that ramp.....for my Dad. Whats it cost?

TheLawnShark
01-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I emailed the guy and he said they originally cost like $850 but he said they were running a discount special or something for about $550. Still expensive though

02DURAMAX
01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I emailed the guy and he said they originally cost like $850 but he said they were running a discount special or something for about $550. Still expensive though

:dizzy: :dizzy: For that price you can buy a cheap lowes trailer and fit more than just the mower..:usflag:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Harbor freight has ramps look em up on the web.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I bought a pair of Lowe's ones, so I didn't alway have to use my trailer if I just needed the walk-behind. Well let me tell you it wasn't find loading or unloading it. Do your self a favor and go buy yourself a 4*8ft trailer it will be much saver to do it this way.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey guys. I mow about 20 yards and i recently bought a 36in walk behind. I bout it so i could load it into the back of my Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab. Purchasing a trailer is not the route that i want to go so i am looking to find the best solution as to how to get it into the back of my truck. I need some kind of ramps that will allow me to walk up it so i can control the mower. i saw this http://home.earthlink.net/~pmdeans/ on the internet and it looks like it would work but i dont think they make them anymore. I dont want to spend a fortune just on ramps but i cannot get a trailer b/c i have nowhere to store it. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Where in TN are you? My fabricator from Athens,Tn could make you a slick little folding ramp system that would be a custom fit for your truck. He put one on my dovetail for next to nothing. respond if you are interested and Ill give you his info.

TheLawnShark
01-14-2007, 10:31 PM
I am from the tri cities region, specifically Bristol (Bristol Motor Speedway lol .... thats the only waymost people ever hear of us). I would definately like to get some info on folding ramp system your friend in Athens!!!!!!

mattfromNY
01-14-2007, 10:35 PM
What about one of those little 4x6 or 4x8 trailers that fold up and stand up on end? just a thought, but one of my friends has one to haul his sportbike. They are pretty cheesy built, but should work for you if you are just hauling one mower.

turfquip
01-15-2007, 10:15 AM
If I were in your situation I would purchase a redi ramp.

I started out in this business with a '87 Nissan, a Redi Ramp, a 32" Bunton and a dethatcher. Redi Ramp makes an excellent product. Takes about an hour to install.

http://www.rampsplus.com/redi-ramp.asp

mowingtowing
01-15-2007, 10:24 AM
I just bought a set of aluminum ramps from Harbor Freight the other day (tri fold version) and it is prety good. The only complaint I have is that they are only 6 feet long, makes it a little steep going into the back of the truck. They come with little chains to hook into the bed to make sure the ramps dont slide off while loading equipment. They are rated for 1500 lbs.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90018
They were $79 in the retail store.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I am from the tri cities region, specifically Bristol (Bristol Motor Speedway lol .... thats the only waymost people ever hear of us). I would definately like to get some info on folding ramp system your friend in Athens!!!!!!

Brad Lane...Fabworks OEM...423-462-5815...say Ryan sent you!

LB1234
01-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Go get two 2x8x8 pressure treated lumber for about 40-50 bucks. Then go down to any large automotive store, lowes, home depot, walmart, etc. and get the aluminum bolt on ramp kit. Its another 25-30 dollars. All and all you should be able to do it for under hundred bucks.