PDA

View Full Version : super Z for acreage

AuburnGuy
01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I will likely get a bid on an 106 acre mowing job. If i did i think my best option would be a 66 or 72 super Z. Would you recommend this choice. I would be mowing in ideal conditions. Flat, long, smooth, no obstacles and mowing on a regular basis. What are your thoughts on this. I demoed hustler a few years ago, but did not need as big a mower at the time. I figured it would be the best because of the ground speed.

mowerconsultant
01-17-2007, 12:25 AM
How many mower are you thinking of?
What else do you mow?
Are you buying a mower just for this job?
I would go as big as I can, but I would also need to justify it for uses other than this 1 job, so it has to be able to be used other places also and then the larger deck size could be a issue....

Pj

AuburnGuy
01-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes i would just be buying it for one job, but i could use it for others to be more efficient. The job would pay for the mower on the first few visits. So i'm not really worried about that. I would also be able to bid on some larger properties that i would not bid on now. So, do you see this as a feasable option. How many acres/hour do you think i would be mowing since the conditions are as ideal as it gets?

timmac
01-17-2007, 10:53 AM
106 acres. how much did you bid that job for?

Mickhippy
01-17-2007, 06:48 PM
For such a large area I would think seriously about the diesel!
The speed at which you could cut with a 60" deck would be great. More than likely do it in a day and half and able to get into areas that a larger deck "may" not fit!

puppypaws
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
I will likely get a bid on an 106 acre mowing job. If i did i think my best option would be a 66 or 72 super Z. Would you recommend this choice. I would be mowing in ideal conditions. Flat, long, smooth, no obstacles and mowing on a regular basis. What are your thoughts on this. I demoed hustler a few years ago, but did not need as big a mower at the time. I figured it would be the best because of the ground speed. Get the 72" Super Z with the 28 efi and you will save fuel as well as being able to cut the property faster than the other zero turn mowers on the market except maybe the Dixie Chopper. You can buy that mower and if you never used it for anything but that one job it would pay for itself very quickly. Say you only have the contract for one year you would pay for the mower several times in that period if you never put it on another job site. The cost of the machine is cheap compared to most mowers that will not cut as much grass per hour, I have the 66" deck with the 28 efi and put 166 hrs. on it mowing only my personal property this past year, it operated as near perfect as you could expect a zero turn mower to perform. I absolutley love everything about the 28 efi, the only thing I would change is I always want more hp. The 72" deck with a 36 hp efi would be hard to slow down in any conditions it had to cut in.

puppypaws
01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes i would just be buying it for one job, but i could use it for others to be more efficient. The job would pay for the mower on the first few visits. So i'm not really worried about that. I would also be able to bid on some larger properties that i would not bid on now. So, do you see this as a feasable option. How many acres/hour do you think i would be mowing since the conditions are as ideal as it gets?If this is the property with a !.5 mile straight run and ideal conditions you can easily average 12 mph with a 5.5 foot cutting width allowing for 6" overlap with a 6' deck at worst and cut 8 acres per hr. with the Super Z.