PDA

View Full Version : How can I fit my 48" into small Toyota truck?

Approach
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I am trying to avoid a trailer. What is the best way to load my 48" walk-behind into a small Toyota truck. It is a standard truck bed, thus the mower is too wide to fit between the wheel wells.

I am not going to install a flat bed onto the truck. Is it even possible for the mower to fit (as far as the dimensions of mower & truck bed)?

KS_Grasscutter
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I am trying to avoid a trailer. What is the best way to load my 48" walk-behind into a small Toyota truck. It is a standard truck bed, thus the mower is too wide to fit between the wheel wells.

I am not going to install a flat bed onto the truck. Is it even possible for the mower to fit (as far as the dimensions of mower & truck bed)?

I am really not sure it would work at all. Why not just buy a trailer? Much safer, and way easier to load.

Approach
01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Perhaps I could professionally install flooring above the wheel wells, yet it would be lower than sides of truck?? No?

FearThisDeere
01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I think you are better off with a trailer. Much easier and much safer. Probably will cost about the same as well.

lawnboy dan
01-18-2007, 07:53 AM
there is no way it will fit. i ran a 32 toro out of my small toyota and it barly fit. no way for a 48- get a trailer

Raven386
01-18-2007, 08:52 AM
IMO its a PITA to get it on and off the truck, very easy to get hurt or drop a mower of the tailgate. id say if you get a trailer and you have the money and space to store it i would get atleast a 6X12. that is if you plan on doing this for a long time.

buttaluv
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
check out discountramps.com, I'm thinking about getting one, they are pricey but I don't like dragging around a trailer for 1 walk behind, I'm a solo operator so...

kkls2006
01-18-2007, 12:59 PM
If you don't want to get a trailer maybe you could disassemble it to get it in the truck and re-assemble it after you take it out and so on and so on...............That would be about as ridiculous as you trying to put your 48" in the back of your Toyota to begin with.......:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Approach
01-18-2007, 02:58 PM
KKLS --- My other truck is a small toyota with a flat-bed on it. It holds my 48" perfectly because the bed it above the wheels.

I'll just buy another flat-bed for the other Toyota --Dovetail end. I find terrific advantages to using a small Toyota with a flat bed on it. Frankly, if I can avoid a trailer, then I can drive the truck home and put it in my garage at home, instead of stopping at my building to un-hitch the trailer and need to return the next morning to hook it back up again.

Approach
01-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Plus, a small Toyota (with Flat-bed) is so easy to back in and-out-of driveways, and parking lots. If "Looks" bother me -- I'd have a different set-up. Instead, I do what's practical for my particular needs.

KrayzKajun
01-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Perhaps I could professionally install flooring above the wheel wells, yet it would be lower than sides of truck?? No?

just get a trailer. I would love to see what a cop would say when you get pulled over for a giant mower stickin out of the back of your truck!

RedMax Man
01-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Plus, a small Toyota (with Flat-bed) is so easy to back in and-out-of driveways, and parking lots. If "Looks" bother me -- I'd have a different set-up. Instead, I do what's practical for my particular needs.

I have this Toyota For Sale:http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=171589
You might be interested because it has an 8' flat bed with tool boxes the could be removed. I replied to your other thread also.

Approach
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Krazy --- the mower does NOT hang out past the sides of the truck. It's totally within the dimensions of the flatbed.