PDA

View Full Version : toyota

moparman
01-18-2007, 09:03 PM
who here thinks that toyota will do the farm work my 1500 can do? doubt it

mike lane lawn care
01-18-2007, 09:21 PM
who here thinks that toyota will do the farm work my 1500 can do? doubt it

if it's equally matched, don't try and compare your 1500 to a 4 cyl 2wd tacoma, match engine for engine and capacity for capacity. if you take a V8 tundra with 4wd and long bed, and compare it to a V8 1500 with 4wd and long bed, the toyota will take the farm work like a champ.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-18-2007, 09:25 PM
NO way,i just purchased a 88 toyota today 4 banger and stepping out of a full size chevy into a small truck is like daylight and dark.

moparman
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
bs that jap car wouldnt handle the work i do in a day with my truck i dont drive on the road becuse im 15 but that tundra the new one i was wacthing videos for the ranch with it i just laughed all the way threw it could never haul cattle like that hahaha jap cars haha

Shopkeeper
01-18-2007, 09:33 PM
NO way,i just purchased a 88 toyota today 4 banger and stepping out of a full size chevy into a small truck is like daylight and dark.

Exactly..you stepped into a small truck. The tundra isn't a small truck and will no doubt keep up with the farm work of a 1500 chevy. With the new Tundra coming out it's even more so. It may even beat the chevy in farm work with the new model.

moparman
01-18-2007, 09:35 PM
im not talking chevy sry doge hint the name mopar name it coulndt compete unless i c it fo my self in the real world not on the toyota website. haha farm work and toyota

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Your right the tundra is a heavy built truck never run one.

Dirty Water
01-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Like the opinion of a 15 year old even matters. When you can afford a new truck, make a post about it.

Really, any half ton truck is too small of a truck for hard work in my opinion. That includes Dodge.

However, comparing all the half tons, the new Toyota Tundra has them beat in every department just looking at the specifications...and knowing Toyota's excellent quality control and their long history of very strong compact trucks, I think the Tundra will be every bit as reliable as the Big 3....If not more.

moparman
01-18-2007, 09:51 PM
hey i told shopkepper if he saw it im sry for bashing toyota i just cant see how you can buy one and to let you know i probly work harder than you buddy so tell me how do you know i cant aforrd a truck? i dont get payed buddy you try waking up ever mornig at 4 do your chores in the barn leave for school come home work your but off in the field then come back at 5 and milk till 8: 9.00 the only reason im even on the computer is becuse i have the flu if not id have been working today along wit the reat of the week.

Dirty Water
01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
You can work hard as hell and not make any money.

Work smart, not hard.

That said, I'm glad to see good work ethic, now take that motivation, and get a job, and make $$$$.

I don't know if you have fast internet off in the boonies there, but watch this video to see why Toyota trucks are known for their strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQe-v1IneGw

moparman
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
thanks im sry for getting mad but i just cant stand toyota sry thats what i think i cant get a job i have to work on the farm for my dad. but next year my friend and i will do lawncare thats my dream. if you do lawncare how should my friend and i start sry for getting mad.

stuffdeer
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Why can't you stand toyota?

When the new one comes out, It will be way better then any American Half Ton.

moparman
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
hste them thats it enogh said

brian12281
01-18-2007, 10:21 PM
recalling more than a half million tundra's and i believe its spelled sequoia or what not. and no it wont be better that any american truck just cause the specifications say so its all hype.

FIRESCOOBY
01-18-2007, 10:26 PM
im not talking chevy sry doge hint the name mopar name it coulndt compete unless i c it fo my self in the real world not on the toyota website. haha farm work and toyota

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but have you ever had an English or spelling class? I hope you let someone else write/type letters to your customers.

brian12281
01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
i think im more stupid trying to read that kids post

stuffdeer
01-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Lol, Yea. I can barely understand what he is trying to say.

I'm only 16, and I get tired of trying to read posts like this.

mike lane lawn care
01-18-2007, 10:55 PM
i happen to like toyotas a lot, they are not american made, and that's probably why they are so dam reliable. I love my chevy, and the Jeep, but i'll never see the kind of millage on my astro that is on some of those tacoma's and tundra's.

nbuzz
01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
To moparman who hates toyota. I think what they did would be different than what you would do to it on the farm. but if you did that to a dodge there's no way imo that it could take what the toyota just took in that clip. by the way I own an '89 and a '94 and I love them.

brian12281
01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
once toyota grows to be as big as the big three or what not they will experience their own problems for someone to say that their imports are way more superior than say the domestics is a lie they do also have their own problems and recalls just when ford chevy or chrysler has a recall or a problem its broadcasted all over the news and banged into your head that these vehicles suck. when a import has a recall its usually silent for instance their new recall on the Tundras. if your going to tell me im wrong well sorry you can say it till your blue in the face im not. just had to say all that im sorry to the original poster who had a specific question which like always got off topic and i hope he eventually gets the answer he is looking for

Dirty Water
01-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Toyota is poised to take over GM as the #1 automaker in the world this year.

They are already as big as the Big3. They got their by making superior vehicles.

BSDeality
01-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm just going to chime in lightly. I had a 94 Dodge 1500. It was the biggest POS i ever bought. I upgraded to a 2005 F350 PSD, its 10x the truck the dodge wanted to be. I also bought a 94 Toyota p/u this year. The two trucks are the same age, and I'll tell you the toyota has had a lot less repairs, downtime. Granted it won't pull 4,000Lb like the dodge, its not what it was designed to do, it will however outlast the dodge by a margin of 10 years at least.

Attention all guys with the red necks, when toyota releases their 3/4-1ton trucks you'd better keep an eye on them. There is a reason they're #2 in the world and soon to be #1

brian12281
01-18-2007, 11:31 PM
no sorry dirty will not happen and are not more superior like i said u can say it untill your ford blue in the face, just do a search hope you dont have a 06 or older tundra im gonna stay away from those on the road or a smaller car like the prius and i think about ten other smaller toyotas but im sure nobody knows why because their all soo one minded, but on being superior no not one bit. everyone thinks they surpassed ford this year but they were comparing worldwide numbers for toyota against fords US sales some people dont get all the facts

brian12281
01-18-2007, 11:49 PM
to add like i said earlier as they grow the will have more and more quality problems its a plain fact. im out!! might just snow finally here in michigan need a nap

hosejockey2002
01-18-2007, 11:55 PM
no sorry dirty will not happen and are not more superior like i said u can say it untill your ford blue in the face, just do a search hope you dont have a 06 or older tundra im gonna stay away from those on the road or a smaller car like the prius and i think about ten other smaller toyotas but im sure nobody knows why because their all soo one minded, but on being superior no not one bit. everyone thinks they surpassed ford this year but they were comparing worldwide numbers for toyota against fords US sales some people dont get all the facts

Brian, I'm sure you're a really smart guy, but in your posts you come across as an illiterate moron. If you learned how to use the shift key on your computer (to capitalize) and learned to punctuate and spell a little bit you would appear much smarter. OK, off my soap box now. If you don't like Toyotas, fine, don't buy one. We live in a free country. I'm not a big fan of Toyota, either, but it's only because right now they don't sell a truck that interests me. If I could buy a Toyota work truck with an 8' bed, a regular cab and a 4000 lb. payload for under $22,000 I would look real hard at it. Right now my only options are Ford and Chevy (sorry Dodge) and I got a better deal on a Chevy so I bought it.

brian12281
01-19-2007, 12:10 AM
wow sorry i dont have perfect punctuation on an internet chat forum but i never once bashed anyone or anything on here. if u worry so much about how i spell punctuate or what not i found the shift key GET A LIFE.

brian12281
01-19-2007, 12:21 AM
by the way im actually a genius

Allure
01-19-2007, 12:48 AM
You are absolutely right about toyota not passing ford in GLOBAL sales this year...they passed them in 2003.

Toyota Motor on Friday said the most recent sales data show that it came second in global vehicle sales in 2003, climbing past Ford for the first time, Dow Jones reported (23 January 2004).

They are expected to pass GM in GLOBAL sales for 2006 when the #'s come out. obviously putting them ahead of ford as well.

I would think a genius would know these things.
You seem to be the one who is 'one minded'

brian12281
01-19-2007, 01:10 AM
im sorry allure yes you are correct. i was stating US sales by ford compared the worldwide #' for toyota. it was a big deal with the press. but like that other guy sait im illiterate so i can see why i made that mistake.

Scag48
01-19-2007, 02:27 AM
For those of you who think Toyota isn't American built you're not well informed. They actually build more of the vehicle in the US than Ford or GM does. That's a fact. I would only buy a Toyota if they start producing something in the 1 ton category. Truth be told, any half ton truck would fall short of my expectations no matter who it's built by, 1/2 ton's are basically worthless if you're doing any sort of heavy work. No, heavy work does not include pulling a mowing trailer to your lawn accounts, I've seen small SUV's handle that task with ease. Toyota is going to be a contender in the market, I just can't wait for them to release a 1 ton pickup that is diesel. I don't really care for the looks of them, I will admit that, but the prettyness of the truck doesn't pay the bills and nothing new from Ford, Dodge, or Chevy really turns my crank when it comes to talking about reliability.

The Japanese have far exceeded quality control expectations for the last 35-40 years. They will not stop producing a quality vehicle, that's just the way the Japanese do business. Hilarious thing about it is that American business tactics have not evolved with the times. It's not a matter of who builds the best vehicle anymore, it's a matter of who actually CARES about building the best vehicle. GM, Ford, and Dodge have been riding coattails of folks who have been buying their products for years. Their luck is going to run out, which is too bad, I really like Ford trucks, it's just that I dont' really feel like taking a gamble on a model that has about a 50% success rate.

Mow Mony
01-19-2007, 04:04 AM
once toyota grows to be as big as the big three or what not they will experience their own problems for someone to say that their imports are way more superior than say the domestics is a lie they do also have their own problems and recalls just when ford chevy or chrysler has a recall or a problem its broadcasted all over the news and banged into your head that these vehicles suck. when a import has a recall its usually silent for instance their new recall on the Tundras. if your going to tell me im wrong well sorry you can say it till your blue in the face im not. just had to say all that im sorry to the original poster who had a specific question which like always got off topic and i hope he eventually gets the answer he is looking for

i happen to like toyotas a lot, they are not american made, and that's probably why they are so dam reliable. I love my chevy, and the Jeep, but i'll never see the kind of millage on my astro that is on some of those tacoma's and tundra's.

see below...

For those of you who think Toyota isn't American built you're not well informed. They actually build more of the vehicle in the US than Ford or GM does. That's a fact. I would only buy a Toyota if they start producing something in the 1 ton category. Truth be told, any half ton truck would fall short of my expectations no matter who it's built by, 1/2 ton's are basically worthless if you're doing any sort of heavy work. No, heavy work does not include pulling a mowing trailer to your lawn accounts, I've seen small SUV's handle that task with ease. Toyota is going to be a contender in the market, I just can't wait for them to release a 1 ton pickup that is diesel. I don't really care for the looks of them, I will admit that, but the prettyness of the truck doesn't pay the bills and nothing new from Ford, Dodge, or Chevy really turns my crank when it comes to talking about reliability.

The Japanese have far exceeded quality control expectations for the last 35-40 years. They will not stop producing a quality vehicle, that's just the way the Japanese do business. Hilarious thing about it is that American business tactics have not evolved with the times. It's not a matter of who builds the best vehicle anymore, it's a matter of who actually CARES about building the best vehicle. GM, Ford, and Dodge have been riding coattails of folks who have been buying their products for years. Their luck is going to run out, which is too bad, I really like Ford trucks, it's just that I dont' really feel like taking a gamble on a model that has about a 50% success rate.

Well said, everything I was about to post.

We own a 2000 Toyota Tundra Access Cab V8 with over 140k miles on it and it is a very good truck. Besides new rotors I havent done anything to it but regular maint since I bought it at 100k miles. Just make sure you tow w/ OD off. It pulled a 16ft dual axle with 10 cubic yards of mulch fine, and has towed a trailer for most of those 40k miles, although a smaller one with less weight but it it used for work everyday and has held up great.
The great things about Toyotas are build quality, longevity and resale.

I agree that they do not yet make a real work/hauling truck, that is why we also have a 02 Powerstroke for the heavy hauling. Bought used as well and has been a great truck.

My new to me rig is an 03 Dodge Ram quadcab Hemi for the maint team I run. I think the Dodge is the best looking so I bought it, and got it for a great price. I like all three trucks and they each have their strongpoints and weaknesses.

The tundra will be used for our third maint. team this year, we would have sold it and bought a tacoma for better gas mileage as it only pulls a 5x10, but couldn't find any good deals on the tacomas. So we kept it, and it is nice knowing the history of a vehicle. Just wait until they make a turbo diesel tundra, I will buy one!

I also own a LT4 corvette powered volvo station wagon so I can say I have experimented with all the big three!

Jon

vntgrcr
01-19-2007, 04:34 AM
hey i told shopkepper if he saw it im sry for bashing toyota i just cant see how you can buy one and to let you know i probly work harder than you buddy so tell me how do you know i cant aforrd a truck? i dont get payed buddy you try waking up ever mornig at 4 do your chores in the barn leave for school come home work your but off in the field then come back at 5 and milk till 8: 9.00 the only reason im even on the computer is becuse i have the flu if not id have been working today along wit the reat of the week.
Not to be sarcastic, but you might want to spend a little more time in school and work on your spelling and grammar so you can communicate properly. This will help you negotiate/ pay for that new truck when you become of age. Give it some thought.

davidcalhoun
01-19-2007, 08:05 AM
MoparBOY will be in a deep depresion once Toyota DOES come out with a diesel.

It's been said before, competetion is good. We will all benefit, no matter which brand truck we buy, because the manufacters will need to compete to stay in the game. We have already gotten better trucks from Dodge, Ford, and GM because of Toyota also being in the game.

lawnboy dan
01-19-2007, 08:20 AM
love my 03 tundra! best vechile i ever owned. tows better with v6 than my 93 sivlerado w/v8

murray83
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
I ran into the Toyota dealer yesterday and asked about the new Tundra for laughs and it sounds like a winner except for one small thing.

The salesman told me they won't release it with a diesel in North America and I was a little disappointed hopefully he didn't have his facts straight and they release it with a diesel.

Allure
01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
no diesel this year but they are developing one for next year or the year after. they will also be releasing even more powerful versions in the next couple of years

PSDF350
01-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I have to agree on this one. Toyota makes a good quility product be it car or truck. I also wish they would come out with a 1 ton diesel. Toyota's are built to last.

brian12281
01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/83671-ball-joint-failures-very-serious-matter/

just do a few searches and watch as they get bigger the quality is going to go down. just because 15 people have said on here that their toyotas are excellent, well thats great but you will have about 3,000 gm, ford,, and chevy guys come forward for the very few that say "supposedly" they have had ABSOLUTELY not one single problem.

brian12281
01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
also i'd be weary of buying a first year vehichle, but im sure someone will come forward and say oh my but its a tundra! i've read a few of the other posts in here and it seems to be the same few that get off bragging how great their vehicle is.

Allure
01-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Brian, you must be very passionate about this issue. you've been on lawnsite for about 15 months, made 12 posts & 10 of them have been complaining about toyota. do your feelings have anything to do with the state of the auto industry in michigan?

Scag48
01-19-2007, 01:38 PM
just do a few searches and watch as they get bigger the quality is going to go down. just because 15 people have said on here that their toyotas are excellent, well thats great but you will have about 3,000 gm, ford,, and chevy guys come forward for the very few that say "supposedly" they have had ABSOLUTELY not one single problem.

The ratio of happy customers to unhappy customers doesn't even come close when you compare trucks from the big three vs. Toyota. Honestly, I've never head a whole lot of bad things about Toyota's at all. I think the only people that don't like Toyota's have their expectations set way to high. Ford, on the other hand, can't get a diesel motor that works in more than about half the trucks that leave the factory. I HAD faith in Ford, not anymore. The 6.0, if you ask 10 guys, 5 will say they've had issues with it one way or another and the other 5 will say it's great. Wow, a 50% success rate, that's awesome...not. Toyota wouldn't be in business if their success rate isn't what it is, which is almost perfect. Toyota didn't get in the position they are right now overnight, they've been at this for 35-40 years and finally it's paying off for them. They're making their sales with people who are tired of poor quality control and engineering. Nobody gave Toyota, or any other Japanese mfg. for that matter, the position at which they stand in the American marketplace. They earned it. If Ford, GM, and Dodge would have maintained a higher level of quality throughout the years, Toyota never would have made it to where they are today. That is absolute fact. The big three did it to themselves, they're still selling vehicles, but not at the per capita rate they've seen in recent years. I think this is what's causing a lack of funding in the R&D department, why they can't produce a motor that can go 100K without substantial problems I don't know.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a "American product" (joke is that it's not American at all anyway), it's just that nobody produces anything worth a damn anymore. All the GM, Ford, and Dodge guys have their head in their @$$ if they think that a Japanese mfg. doesn't produce an equally solid product. I will agree that a Japanese truck, at this point in time, doesn't suit many folk's operations, ours included. Toyota simply does not produce a 1 ton diesel truck capable of what we dish out. Ford does, but it come at the cost of a possibility of component failure on a brand new truck. Now, when Toyota DOES release a 1 ton diesel that can handle our duties, I don't see any reason to buy Ford just because we've bought them in the past. I laugh at the guys that say "I've been buying Ford/Dodge/GM for the last 20 years, I won't drive anything else". Truth of the matter is that most of those guys would still buy what they've been buying for the last 20 years even if Ford/GM/Dodge decided not to include a motor with the vehicle. Now that's an extreme gesture I realize, but I kid you not some moron would be down there buying a brand new truck, no motor installed and would only be doing it because he's stuck in the same brand rut for the last 20 years. Sometimes, you just have to realize that there are better ways to go.

snoope
01-19-2007, 01:39 PM
The "Recall" issue has come back to "Haunt" Toyota.....As it does to all companies...This just creates media "BLISS"....My 4-Runner needed a recall even though it was a '92...my '02 Tacoma.same recall....Out of how many sold??? one bad part and off we go to MEDIA time.....

Fords motors,Dodges trannies..GMs everything:laugh: :laugh: ....mass produce anything and you will get "Human error"..right....????

It is how they ( the companies) handle these imperfections that count,true??

Side note on the Toyota diesel.....can anyone say HINO truck...???
With TRD busy trying to get NASCAR Camry ready.....the development of a Stateside Tundra diesel is ongoing PLUS the new "Federal regs" for '07-'09 motors is staggering....Ford/Powa stroke,Dodge/cummins and GM/ Dura master are safe for a few years...........unless a Camry wins the Daytona 500 or the Nextel Cup championship.......TOYO will be rolling in $$$$$$$$$:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Snoope back quiet

davidcalhoun
01-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Brian, you seem to take this personally. Which manufacturer did you (or someone you know) work for? I am guessing a close relative.

brian12281
01-19-2007, 02:07 PM
was that a poll you took

stuffdeer
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
was that a poll you took

What??????

tarp5350
01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
i read in todays paper that toyota just recalled over 500000 pickups and suvs. all companys have troubles.

snoope
01-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Just an update on Toyotas "RECALL"...It is for scratched ball joints ( yes one set had been scarred...)..they are calling them back from '92 ( my old 4 runner) through my '02 Tacoma and now on the new p/u line-up....

Not to set this off lightly BUT how many Toyota trucks are out on the road ( and with over a 100k on them.....the Runner had 144,000 b-4 sold)...

Ford had the "Explorer" escapade...sales dropped BUT then right back up:) :)

When the new Tundra comes along..will I still look to purchase ..Of course...I'm on Toyota #16 in the yard...with over 1/2 going over a 100k before trading....

But if I need a 3/4 ton or a dump ...I will price all of the others....best deal and best customer service will have my business....

Snoope back quiet