PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Baltimore?

Approach
01-19-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm from Baltimore, MD. Is anyone interested in meeting for lunch sometime?

MJMScapes3
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
We are in Hunt Valley. What's your background and business set up?

TWilliamson05
01-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Also in Baltimore, Long Beach Landscaping

Approach
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I am 34. I had a lawn business in high school with 30 weekly customers. Spent last 10 years in our 55 year old family businesses, and recently moved to Maryland. I miss Ohio, but my wife's family lives here in Baltimore. Thus, we will stay here.

Thus, I am going back into the lawn business. I don't have customers yet here in Maryland. Fortunately, I expect to get about 10 customers in a few weeks, thanks to my wife's large network of family here. I envision my business to grow substantially in year two.

I've identified new equipment I'd like to buy, and thanks to 36 month financing, it's quite affordable. I'm still debating between Bobcat 48" and Lesco 48." I'm looking for advice on what to charge customers, etc. get work done faster. The more advice the better.

MY schedule is flexible right now. I'm available most days / evenings with a day or two notice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tom K
White Marsh, MD

syzer
01-28-2007, 08:26 PM
We are in MD and would like to meet some local guys. The name is Precision Landscaping.

www.precisionlandscaping.info needs some work!

Twilliamson, long beach as in Bowleys Quarters?

TWilliamson05
01-30-2007, 08:10 AM
yep, that would be Bowleys Quarters, I just started something small last year simply because we have Long Beach Nursery, which is an ornamental grass wholesale nursery, mainly dealing w/ wholesale field stock and bare root mailorders, we do retail for the locals that stop by and have had a few ask about landscaping/installing the grasses. So finally last year I decided to just get into landscaping. Something Small/Part time to keep me busy on my off days doing something I like.

MJMScapes3
01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Syzer,

Where you located? I have seen your box truck around Timonium.

syzer
01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
yep, that would be Bowleys Quarters, I just started something small last year simply because we have Long Beach Nursery, which is an ornamental grass wholesale nursery, mainly dealing w/ wholesale field stock and bare root mailorders, we do retail for the locals that stop by and have had a few ask about landscaping/installing the grasses. So finally last year I decided to just get into landscaping. Something Small/Part time to keep me busy on my off days doing something I like.

Ok, right on Susquehanna? I am at the end on Middle River, but we just bought a shop up on Eastern!

Syzer,

Where you located? I have seen your box truck around Timonium.

We are located in Bowleys Quarters, but have some apartment complexes and condos out in Owings Mills, Mays Chapel, and Reisterstown so we are always out that way. I believe you are located in Timonium as well?

thomsoutdoor
01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I am also in Baltimore. Mainly Huntvalley-Towson and have been in Business for over 16 years.

TWilliamson05
01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok, right on Susquehanna? I am at the end on Middle River, but we just bought a shop up on Eastern!

yea right on susquehanna. I've seen your trucks a few times around here.

syzer
01-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Cool, if you ever need anything let us know. Always glad to help. Are you Mrs. Loretta's son, grandson?

TWilliamson05
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Cool, if you ever need anything let us know. Always glad to help. Are you Mrs. Loretta's son, grandson?

yea that would be grandson, haha small world.