PDA

View Full Version : manual priming walker mower - help needed

matthewkil
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
i own a walker model mc(18hp) which has been running rough lately. i have replaced the spark plugs, checked the fuel filter, and the existing fuel seems to be clean. after doing this the mower ran smoother but stalled out after a couple of minutes. when i removed the fuel filter to check it initially i lost some fuel from the line and now it won't prime itself. any advice on manual priming?

Restrorob
01-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Put about a tea spoon of fuel in the throat of the carb. to get it popped off, It may take a couple times before the carb. bowl fills back up.

If it still wont stay running and it is equipped with a fuel pump remove the fuel line from the carb. and hold it over a container then crank the engine over making sure the fuel pump is pumping. If so you may need to remove the carb. and take it a part to see why no fuel is being let in (stuck float ?). It could also be a piece of trash blocking the main jet or faulty fuel cut-off solenoid if equipped. In any event clean the carb. with carb. & choke spray cleaner making sure to spray through all ports and passages then blow out with compressed air if available then re-assemble.

matthewkil
01-19-2007, 07:50 PM
i'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help

Bill Kapaun
02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
It's not uncommon to have problems on Kohler engines if you used a non Kohler Fuel Filter.
Did you?