PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Ram w/ rust

Keegan
01-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I went looked at a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 today at a dealer. Underneath there was a lot of rust. Not necesarily the main frame but everything else. Is this normal?
I stopped at a few other dealers and checked out similar models and they all had some rust but not as bad.

The rest of the truck looked like it was taken care of well.

FearThisDeere
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Many Dodge trucks from that year range have a ton of rust underneath. I have never really heard of any problems resulting from it, but I would be careful. Make sure everything underneath is in god shape. Rust will only get worse if you don't do anything about. Maybe Linex the rusty areas?

Jpocket
01-21-2007, 04:54 PM
As long as it's not the frame, cross members, or body mounts, you'll be "OKAY", but somewhere down the line you'll br putting in new floors, new bed sheet metal ect, especially if it's was or is going to be a salt truck.

For the most part you can disregard surface rust, it just needs to be painted. But any late model truck used as a salt truck, or plowing, can be subject to some serious rust issues. I have seen trucks as new has 95' be completely rotted out, because not body bother to wash em down and paint after a winter stom.