PDA

View Full Version : Our House Site

akerr
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
The contractor started this past week on our new house. We had great weather all winter long and right after he excavated and dug the footers the cold weather moved in. It's snowing today for the first this winter in VA. I am excited about this property, it's basically complete open, so I have a clean slate to work with.

KrayzKajun
01-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Congrats!!

tthomass
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
where at in VA? pictures of what it will look like?

JDWalkbehind
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
how many acres do you have?

akerr
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
The house is in Rappahannock county in a town called Amissville. It's west of Warrenton right off RTE 211. It will be a split foyer 1400 Sq. ft upstairs and 1100 Sq. ft downstairs. I don't have the renderings of the house on the computer, I will see if I can get them so I can post them.

akerr
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
JDWalkbehind, the lot is very small. It is a little over an acre, which is rare in the county I live in. Zoning is 25 arce lots unless subdivided for family members. So small lots are hard to come by and expensive. Our house was listed as a package with the acreage. We would've liked more land but we wouldn't have found anything else in our price range in our area.

tjsquickcuts
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Nice....I spent 4 years in Charlottesville @ UVa.....Beautiful is all I can say, thats what sealed the deal for me and going to UVa.....Its a lot of money in a lot of those small towns in Va....Good luck....and a Wrap around Drive way would be sweet....especially if you can have it run to the back lawn, and have shop built.....We are currently having a home built also....but wife didnt want me to have shop on the property.....safety reasons......but We have a few acres....

akerr
01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Charlottesville is a great area, we use to go to uva soccer and lacrosse game when we were in highschool. We are going to do a half moon drive way that ties back into the private lane. I would love to have a small barn/shop but I don't think it's going to work. The lot is so tight; behind the house on the slope is the drain field. It's a twenty ft set back off the house and the drain field is a pump system.

tjsquickcuts
01-22-2007, 12:34 AM
In that last pic, your neighbor across the street has a nice little shop set up I see....that would be sweet to have in the yard....

Uranus
01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Is there a garage going in?
Thats a nice lot.
Is that a farm field on the horizon behind that little fence?

akerr
01-22-2007, 08:07 AM
The back fence on the horizon is a farmers field. That entire slope is market off for the drain field. The health inspection is overally cautious on this layout. The set backs are also kind of strange. It is zoned as residential village and the house has to be 50' off the private lane but only 20' off the property lines. We can't set the house further back on the lot because of the location of the drain field. The house was designed for a 2 car garage under the house but we decided since it was smaller house we wanted the living space. We could put a detached garage tight to the house sometime in the future.

akerr
01-28-2007, 01:54 PM
The masons started laying block on this saturday and were finishing up today. It was a crew of eight guys and they were definitely cranking out the work.