PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Charlie...

PurpHaze
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Got a work order late Friday that one site didn't have its water on in the back portion and they "needed to water the garden area or things would die." It came in 1/2 hour before quitting time so, of course, it had to wait until this morning. Went out and found the irrigation PVB turned off, test ports opened and port caps on top of the PVB. Suspected immediately that our plumbers had done this to keep the PVB from cracking during the recent freeze and I was correct. Head plumber said to go ahead and turn it back on so I did. The garden's water is via a rigged QC key with two hose bibbs attached, one for a hose and the other for a drip system with cheapo plastic timer. YUP... Cheapo plastic garden timer was blown from the freeze. Now they still don't have water and they'll have to replace it because items like these are not our responsibility. :laugh:

Wet_Boots
01-22-2007, 10:56 PM
What were the bid specs on that bit of work? I could have brought it in for something in the low four figures.

PurpHaze
01-23-2007, 08:05 AM
The bid specs were "cheap as can be" on this one I'd imagine. :laugh:

MarcSmith
01-23-2007, 09:20 AM
that is one nice retaining wall.....;)

John Gamba
01-23-2007, 09:50 AM
that is one nice retaining wall.....;)

It compliments the drip system:laugh:

PurpHaze
01-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah... They're both pieces of crap. What do you expect from the average teacher though? :laugh:

Critical Care
01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Here’s a bit of trivia for your little black books of worthless facts.

The catchphrase “Sorry, Charlie” dates back to 1961 when it was first used by the StarKist Seafood Company. Remember Charlie the tuna? That fishy dude is getting old. Guess we know what Hayes had on his mind back then…

Wet_Boots
01-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Charlie's getting older, but his creator isn't - Tom Rogers died a year or so back. Drowned.

John Gamba
01-24-2007, 07:35 PM
, but his creator isn't - Tom Rogers died a year or so back. Drowned.

Sorry charlie:waving:

Flow Control
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Charlie's getting older, but his creator isn't - Tom Rogers died a year or so back. Drowned.

I heard that he actually thought he was a fish....... And the phrase came from onlookers when he tried to prove he could swim with a school of fish. The phrase came from the people yelling "Sorry Charlie"

PurpHaze
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I heard that he actually thought he was a fish....... And the phrase came from onlookers when he tried to prove he could swim with a school of fish. The phrase came from the people yelling "Sorry Charlie"

Why weren't they yelling "Sorry Tommy" instead? :)

PurpHaze
01-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Here’s a bit of trivia for your little black books of worthless facts.

The catchphrase “Sorry, Charlie” dates back to 1961 when it was first used by the StarKist Seafood Company. Remember Charlie the tuna? That fishy dude is getting old. Guess we know what Hayes had on his mind back then…

Sad to say... I can remember the original commercials in B&W. :cry:

Wet_Boots
01-25-2007, 10:24 AM
The commercials were in color - your Dumont was black & white.