PDA

View Full Version : water line/sanitary sewer job

CutRight
01-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Heres some pictures of a water line and sewer line replacement job we did in early december. went well with a few burps from the town not knowing where the sewer was and they marked the water line off by 9 feet. but otherwise it went well

CutRight
01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
heres some more pictures of the sewer line part..
we worked into the dark to get the sewer line bedded and buried. the plumbers wanted to leave at 4....it was a friday...
i guess im hungry and i made them stay until 7 to finish the job inside the house and outside.

we had to dig up part of the driveway to find the existing sewer line and lateral. gave the edge a nice saw cut once everything was buried and graded.

FIRESCOOBY
01-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Not to be nit-picky...but y'all really need to be careful with people in those trenches.

Not sure how tall that guy is, but it appears that you were very close if not over the OSHA regs for having to have a trench box or stair stepping. I know it's a pain and all, but I've helped pull a lot of dead bodies from trenches like that.

Yes, it's not deep, but it CAN happen.

CutRight
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
no you're right, the next trench for the sewege we stair stepped it, its in the dark pictures hard to tell. i know we shouldve done it for the first one, reason we didnt was we had to have that trench dug, hole bored through the rock foundation, and water line installed all in about an hour and 30 minutes because the inspectors were coming. the plumber was a complete tool with permits clearing and things....long story.
but you are absolutely correct

DUSTYCEDAR
01-24-2007, 11:16 AM
even just putting 2 sheets of plywood in the hole would help is something happend its still not wright but its better

2004F550
01-24-2007, 11:58 AM
you made the right call, your trench looked well dug and cut back and the other one is not deep enough for a box, nice work.

CutRight
01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
thanks. hopefully i'll be doing quite a few more of these this spring. a whole section of my town has just recently had city water brought through the streets. 400 homes now have access to city water in an area that is all wells and septic systems so theres a problem with ground water pollution.
i just put a few signs up in the area.

Lawnworks
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
How do you prevent it from settling? Did you tamp it?

NNJLandman
01-24-2007, 08:16 PM
What model is that ex...looks really nice.

Jeff

CutRight
01-25-2007, 01:18 AM
well as for the settling...the homeowner didnt like how high his lawn was to begin with but... the trench is bedded with stone to protect the piping, then just as you go burying the trench you tamp it down with the bucket...with a trench of this size you wont have much trouble with settling....i drove by recently after a month and it looks good...with all the warm weather we had there were some weeds that popped up..crazy

its a kubota kx161-3

MRBsx2
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
nice job, looks like you did everything right to me. My dad owns a plumbing company and i do all the excavating for them, i do those kind of jobs a lot there pretty nice except when you get a sewer connection that is 16ft deep