PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki engine

Shawn Burns
07-05-2001, 09:01 PM
i bought a hustler z this spring and so far have been very pleased with it. i have sold 4 to other grass mowers for the local dealers if that tells you anything! the question i have is about the 23 horse kawi. it started surging at about 40 hrs. and the dealer cleaned, and then replaced the carb. problem fixed... or not. now i can only engauge the blades at full throttle or the motor dies out. i hate to have to continue full rpm engaugement. any ideas?

mowerconsultant
07-06-2001, 09:17 AM
When the carburetor was replaced did this fix the problem ? if so for how long ?
It sounds like there is something plugging up one of the passages (jets) in the carburetor.
When your carburetor was replaced, did the dealer empty the fuel tanks and clean them ? and replace the fuel filter ?

Pj

Shawn Burns
07-08-2001, 10:32 PM
yes, the tanks were cleaned, i'm not sure about the filter though. the replaced carb. fixed the surging problem, but thats when the other problem started.( the engine dying out when i start blades)other than that it runs like a champ!

mowerconsultant
07-09-2001, 05:07 PM
Sounds like the carb needs to be adjusted.

Shawn Burns
07-10-2001, 05:57 PM
i hope that's all it is! i think i'll have time to get by the dealer this week so they can check it out for me. talking with the mechanic at the dealer , he ddn't think that was the problem though. we'll find out! also, are yall making the stickers that go on the tank yet? mine have about rubbed off.