PDA

View Full Version : Prices on a Isuzu NPR... Good Deal???

greenscapes,inc.
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm looking at a 2007 Izuzu NPR with a 16' Landscaper body on it. 48" Beaver tail. It has the 6.0 Gas Engine. Price for the truck, landscape body, trimmer racks, blower racks, water bottle rack and a few others is $31500.00 What do you guys think.. Good deal?? The body is made buy supreme and its john deere green.

Gravel Rat
01-24-2007, 11:25 PM
What size of truck is it a 1.5 or 2 ton if its either that is a good deal you can't even buy a cab and chassis Ford LCF 550 for under 47,000 dollars.

justanotherlawnguy
01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Does not sound to bad. I checked the same truck last year, and it was gonna be right at $30k...

greenscapes,inc.
01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I got them down to $27000.00. To me that seems like a pretty good deal for a brand new rig.

gene gls
01-25-2007, 10:11 PM
I would pass on the gas engin and get a diesel in the 175 HP+ range.

mow king
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I would pass on the gas engin and get a diesel in the 175 HP+ range.

I disagree.

Save the money...If you're just hauling around mowers, etc..the diesel isn't needed for the power. Presumably, you're not putting a ton of miles on this truck since it's set up for mowing, so the increased fuel millage will take forever to be realized. Also, the maintenance on the 6.0 gas is much less.

Save the money, the 6.0 is just fine for what you're going to use it for.

greenscapes,inc.
01-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I disagree.

Save the money...If you're just hauling around mowers, etc..the diesel isn't needed for the power. Presumably, you're not putting a ton of miles on this truck since it's set up for mowing, so the increased fuel millage will take forever to be realized. Also, the maintenance on the 6.0 gas is much less.

Save the money, the 6.0 is just fine for what you're going to use it for.

I really dont need a diesel. I only put about 8000 Miles on my trucks during the summer months a year. The gas has 300 Hp. Almost 3500 more for a diesel

Albemarle Lawn
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
but in this case, I say go gas. BTW great move, you'll never go back to truck and trailer.

Look at the price per gallon difference, plus, little diesels do have torque they are just gutless. I have a Mitsubishi-Fuso, and just bought a 2007 Volvo roll-off truck. Now that's a real diesel engine, 1850 lb-ft of torque at 1,200 RPM. It's just crazy addictive torque. But its not the case for the micro diesels.

The gas motor will do just fine and will be cheaper to maintain.

When you say $3500 more for diesel, does that mean you could actually get one diesel for $30,500 or is is $35000 asking for the diesel?

Chances are, they won't negotiate as much on the diesel models, they know buyers are out there willing to pay a premium for diesel.

gene gls
01-26-2007, 12:13 AM
My GMC 3500 gets 7 miles to the gallon. Every 2 days it has to be filled up. My Mitsi gets 16 miles. I put 85000 miles on the Mitsi with out touching a thing on the truck other than the wireing. I'll take the diesel any day...

Albemarle Lawn
01-26-2007, 12:19 AM
My Fuso gets about 9 city-11 highway mpg. Ever since new, and I have taken careful measurements.

It's an automatic. I suspect you have a manual? Mine is a little longer.. bed is 16', but 2wd not 4wd.

gene gls
01-26-2007, 09:09 AM
My Fuso gets about 9 city-11 highway mpg. Ever since new, and I have taken careful measurements.

It's an automatic. I suspect you have a manual? Mine is a little longer.. bed is 16', but 2wd not 4wd.

I have a 1999, FE-HD, 4 cyl, 135 HP diesel, auto tranny, 2 WD with a locker. Its very under powered for pulling the hills in my area with any load. My GMC with a 350 engin is not much better pulling the hills but you can almost see the gas gauge steadly move toward empty. I have never driven a cab over with a 175 HP diesel but always felt that would be a good size engin.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I bought my first NPR back in October. It is a 2006 model, Gas with 6.0 engine, and has a 18 foot landscape body - 14 foot flat with 4 foot dovetail -

I paid 27,500$ OUT THE DOOR for it, and put down 2500$ cash and financed the rest through Toyota motor credit with a payment of 512$ per month for 60 months.

It did not have dedicated weedeater racks or watercooler holder, but did have a large 2 shelf box at the front of the bed, and a swing down side railing on the right side of the truck, and a 48 inch lockable toolbox under the left side of the bed and a class 4 reciever hitch with wiring installed.

I built my own racks for the weedeater and a watercooler holder out of steel I bought at homedepot. I cut and bent and welded them all myself on a day off, cost me maybe 30$ tops.

Do a search on some of my posts back around October and you will see pictures of the truck.

Now to clear up some diesel power confusion.... The Gas engine makes ALOT more horsepower than the diesel engine, and the Gas engine makes the SAME AMOUNT of TORQUE as the diesel. So there is no power advantage at all going to diesel.... if anything it is a disadvantage going with the diesel.

Fuel milage wise... I am averaging from as low as 8.2 mpg to as much as 10.5 mpg. Normal use I am seeing around 9 mpg.

So yes the gas truck sucks for mpg!!! The thing is, most trucks of this size will not do alot better. Any of the 2500/3500 pickup trucks with gas engines are lucky to get 10mpg pulling any kind of trailer, and even some of the newest diesel versions of those trucks are lucky to do much more than 11-12 mpg pulling a trailer around with mowers.... My buddys 2004 Dodge Ram with Cummins, pulling a 7x16 enclosed lawn trailer averages around 9 mpg..... I was told by many people with diesel Isuzu trucks, that they realistically only get around 11-12 mpg, and some say that is only with a tailwind!!!

Right here locally unleaded is 1.88$ per gallon, Diesel is still at 2.44$ per gallon. Do the math and you see that the extra cost to buy a diesel truck.... to buy the fuel for it.... and to maintain it.... Well there just isn't much advantage.

And to you guys who have used the older Gas isuzu npr's.... If you could drive one of the newest ones with the 6.0 liter Chevy engine, compared to the older ones with the 5.7 liter - 350 cubic inches - Chevy engine......... Well it is night and day! The 6.0 has the balls to push this truck around no problems, it feels almost overpowered, and it is quiet and smooth. The 350 powered gasser feels UNDER powered at best, and doesn't hold a candle to the 6.0 in any way. The 6.0 gets better gas milage as well.

Anyway, shop around some more because that price is not that great of a price. I had my pick of 3 trucks here, at 3 different dealers - Chevy, GMC, Isuzu - and I had them all down to 27,500$ put the door.

greenscapes,inc.
01-26-2007, 06:52 PM
My payment will be $500.00 a month with $2900 down. So we are pretty close to the same. I could cut but out about $600 without all the racks. I know I could make them but these ones are adjustible and made of aluminum, they are really well build.

greenscapes,inc.
01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah I looked at your NPR... Good looking. The one I am looking at is just about the same.

Duekster
01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I got them down to $27000.00. To me that seems like a pretty good deal for a brand new rig.

Thats what I am thinking for the Gas engine.

beck
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
i bought a gas with a 20' body, external beavertail new last fall and it ran me a little over 30K so I would say your pricing is good.
You wont regret going with the cabover

hosejockey2002
01-27-2007, 01:16 AM
The 6.0 has the balls to push this truck around no problems, it feels almost overpowered, and it is quiet and smooth. The 350 powered gasser feels UNDER powered at best, and doesn't hold a candle to the 6.0 in any way. The 6.0 gets better gas milage as well.

I agree, the 6.0 kicks butt. It does suck the gas, my 2500HD gets just under 10 mpg towing a 6x12 enclosed. The power is great, though and I would not hesitate to get an Isuzu cabover with the same motor.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-27-2007, 10:00 PM
My payment will be $500.00 a month with $2900 down. So we are pretty close to the same. I could cut but out about $600 without all the racks. I know I could make them but these ones are adjustible and made of aluminum, they are really well build.

I didn't read all the posts to see you got them to come down in price.

Remember, prices don't mean squat unless it is the OUT the door price!!! Get that number from them, as they can sell you the truck for 27 grand but then add in a bunch of garbage dealer fees to jack the price back up.

Also don't forget to shop interest rates too. These are not set in stone, so go online and shop other dealers for best rate before signing the papers. The rates on these trucks is not as good as for a pickup truck though...

At 500$ per month sounds like were about the same OTD price and interest rate. You must have a high beacon score to get the payment there!

So far I have no regrets buying my truck. I like it more and more the more I use it.

greenscapes,inc.
01-27-2007, 10:14 PM
The intrest rate I got it 5.99% for 60 months. Im still debating on the crew cab but if I do that then I will have to go with the diesel which I really dont need. I wish they put the gas engine in the crew cab.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-28-2007, 12:56 AM
I am in the top tier credit wise and I am around 8 percent on my loan, so I would say go for it, you are getting a great deal.

For the difference in price you could just buy a cheap used car for the other employees to drive around and follow the Isuzu if you need more than 3 guys on a crew....

vntgrcr
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
One comment to the engine choice decision. I just ordered a new 07 with a dump body today.The price difference was about $5G's. I went with the diesel. It makes 390ft/lb at 1500 rpm. THe gas makes 3?? at 4000 RPM. I do a lot of towing so I want the power(torque, not horsepower) down low in the RPM's. Just my decision.
David

J Hisch
02-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I have been pricing Izuzu NPR also with the desiel engine, I am buying new due to the fact that 04's with 200k on them are still going for 20grand plus. about 34k with 14' box

Rons Rightway Lawncare
02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I am telling you guys...... you need to get the dealer to let you have a extended test drive in both the gas and the diesel and see what you think.

The gas engine makes the same torque as the diesel, and over 100 more horsepower. The diesel does hit it's peak torque at a much lower RPM than the gas, but the gas still has the bulk of it's torque at the lower rpms. PLUS.... the truck is geared so low that the only time the engine would be at 1500 rpms is when you let off the gas and the truck is coasting to a stop. The gearing in these trucks has the engines rpms up quite high, it would have the diesel at or near it's redline alot. Just drive them and then decide.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
02-11-2007, 10:25 AM
by the way, diesel is still 2.44$ per gallon up the street and never got any lower over the last few months. Gas was all the way down to 1.88$ but has gone back up to 1.96$ That diesel is running you over 50 cents more per gallon.... crazy!

Duekster
02-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I am in the top tier credit wise and I am around 8 percent on my loan, so I would say go for it, you are getting a great deal.

For the difference in price you could just buy a cheap used car for the other employees to drive around and follow the Isuzu if you need more than 3 guys on a crew....

Just throw an old sofa in the back.:cool2:

twj721
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
with a used Isuzu with the gas engine almost anybody could work on it and you can get almost all the parts at the local parts house witht the Isuzu diesel you will have to go back to Isuzu and get almost all the engine parts Me if I every do get one It will be a used one cause a new one is out of my reach right now and I will try to get one from a leasing co like RYDER OR Penske truck because I know for a fact that they do get the required maintaince on a regular bases .

Lawnworks
02-11-2007, 05:00 PM
If you want to haul more guys... what about adding on a crew hauler b/t the cab and the landscape bed.