PDA

View Full Version : Major Installation

mow & snow
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Just kidding. Installed my new Trimmer Trap ST-2 Blower rack for the 600 series Stihl backpack blower.

AndyTblc
01-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Lookin good.

mike lane lawn care
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
how stable is it with only 2 bolts holding it in there? might want to load them up and go down the road to see if they wobble.

Lynden-Jeff
01-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Those 2 bolts should hold it fine. Not like there are several hundred pounds or anything going on there.

ribbie78
01-27-2007, 10:39 PM
how will you secure the tube; or isn't it necessary? Do you just rest it in the trailer bed...or something else...
How bout' a loaded pic?

thanks

Jason Rose
01-27-2007, 11:00 PM
You will love the racks! THe 2 bolts is plenty to keep them from moving. Remember, these attach to the top AND bottom rail, not just the top like those crappy wannabe racks! (and I've had the bolt on the top type, I had a LOT of breakages with the trimmers that season too!).

What brand is your gate assist? That looks like way overkill for a gate that small... I'd like to upgrade mine, I currently have a Ballard EzGate but they are one side only, my gate is just too heavy for one spring... How much was your pair of springs? Trying to figure if it would just be better for me to buy another EzGate or just replace it entirely...

mow & snow
01-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Ribbi78 - I secure the tube with a velcro strap that comes with the blower. If you go to Trimmer Trap's website you can watch a video of loading and unloading the blower. I will get some more pictures once I get the equipment out of storage. Jason - The name is Backsaver and the price was $260 for the pair. It is a bit of overkill but I'm trying to make things easier for me every year. If you decide to get a pair let me know and I will get some more pictures of it for you.

Baseballer1100
04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
I know this thread is kind of old. But I just purchased the trimmer trap rack for my trimmers. Did you notch in the wood to place the rack in there and connect it to the trailer?

mow & snow
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, I did notch the wood