PDA

View Full Version : GMC T series cabover

sam c
01-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello all, Looking for some input. I have the chance to purchase a 97 GMC 6500 T series cabover. 3116 cat, auto, air, 120k mi. bla, bla... very good cond and very cheap. It's a cab and chassis and supposedly has an injector problem? I'm mainly a maint. co. but a 2 yd sander in the winter and the occasional hardscape job when time permits. Any way I'm killing my 99 F350 ps 4x4 drw the gvwr is just not enough. I would be giving up 4x4 but I have an other 350 pu for plowing. It looks to be a bit over kill, yes? The chassis is short, would not have to be cut for a 10' dump rack. I don't know just kicking tires and wondering what others think. Thanks, Sam

mow king
01-27-2007, 05:01 PM
how cheap?

they're pretty solid trucks.

Gravel Rat
01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I would keep looking the T series cab overs are cheaply constructed I had a long talk with a street sweeper guy about his truck he eventually got rid of the GMC.

You know anything painted Cat yellow is going to be expensive to fix you better ask around what its going to cost to have the engine repaired. It could be more than a injector problem.

May I ask why do you want a cab over they don't make very good plow trucks being so front axle heavy ?

Without seeing the truck I would say no more than 5000 dollars that would be Canadian.

sam c
01-27-2007, 05:42 PM
How cheap? under 2K, Why the cab over? I wouldn't use it to plow, I have the pu & I sand/salt condos. nice tight turning radius. I know what your saying about that expensive Cat paint!!

Gravel Rat
01-27-2007, 05:47 PM
If your getting it for less than 2 grand then buy it you can have the engine fixed aslong its not blown. A 3116 might be a little expensive to rebuild so search around for prices. How is the automatic thats another expensive repair if the fluid smells burn't or is really dark you might want to drop the price even more.