PDA

View Full Version : Everride without a striper

corey4671
01-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Cabin fever today. I had sowed some ryegrass I had left over from a job least fall on my front yard around the first of December. With the warm snap we had a few weeks back ,I got a little germination nad the front yard was looking a little ragged. Busted out the ol Everride this afternoon before the rain moved in. There is no striper whatsoever on this mower but I have an idea. I have an old junk Agri Fab Sweeper that is good for nothing but parts. What if I took the brushes off this sweeper and bolted them to the back of the deck? Tell me what you think guys.

bjlawnman
01-27-2007, 10:41 PM
How do you like your everide?? I was looking into the Scorpion they make because there is a dealer close by me.

corey4671
01-27-2007, 10:53 PM
How do you like your everide?? I was looking into the Scorpion they make because there is a dealer close by me.

I haven't had the chance to ride the scorpion but I would LOVE to!! My dealer has yet to get one. I was considering a Wasp WB but for the money, the Scorpion looks like the better deal. As far as the Warrior goes...this thing is just awesome. Everybody that has seen it says it just looks and is built like a beast. I'm just a part time solo operator and I've had some of the large full time operators with Exmarks and Choppers stop me so they can look it over. Even had a guy with a Chopper try it out and he loved it. I wanted to race that Chopper to see which one was actually the World's Fastest Lawnmower but he declined...I can double mow my mother in law's acre in about 30 minutes with it. I ran a Woods Mow'n Machine for 6 years and was just blown away when I demoed the Warrior. Helps that I have an awesome dealer to boot. You will not be disappointed with the everride my friend...and you SURE can't beat 36 months 0%!

formula500
01-28-2007, 03:46 PM
the lawn looks great, my dealer might be carrying everride this spring and looked at the machine and thought it was pretty awesome. Even better than the ferris he carries. How is the cut and if you have a collection unit for it does that work pretty good? any info would be appreciated

corey4671
01-28-2007, 05:27 PM
the lawn looks great, my dealer might be carrying everride this spring and looked at the machine and thought it was pretty awesome. Even better than the ferris he carries. How is the cut and if you have a collection unit for it does that work pretty good? any info would be appreciated

The cut is awesome. I have yards that have uneven spots that my old Woods would scalp, this mower just floats right over them. It is about as close to the kind of cut you can get from a 21" walkbehind as you'll find. AS far as collection, I have an agrifab Mow'n Vac that I use in the fal for leaves. I ordered the chute for the deck from TracVac. Because of the unbaffled tunnel deck, you get a lot of front blowout. I think this could be solved with a simple rubber flap bolted to the front of the deck. A lot of folks on here have complained that the deck leaves the clippings too long. I too noticed that as well. I found two remedies for that. 1) don't let that grass get so high before mowing. 2) run doubles. I started running high lifts blades under gators. The high lifts lift the grass and cut it, the gators cut it again before discharge. If your dealer picks up the line, ask for a demo. My dealer pushed me for two years and I was skeptical of it until I drove it. The WOW factor was what sold me along with the financing.

formula500
01-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Thank you, I think I will demo one before a purchase, really appreaciate all of your input.

grassmanak
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
i think im going to try their 32in model this year, need it for a few small gates

corey4671
01-28-2007, 10:29 PM
i think im going to try their 32in model this year, need it for a few small gates
I priced a 32 a few weeks ago. For the price, I could step up to the Scorpion for about another $800. I don't have any properties with a gate..yet so wisth is not a real issue with me. I just have some yards that are too big for a 21" and the 60" Warrior is overkill. I think I would be very interested in the 48" Scorpion if I could just ever demo one. I'm just not a fan of a WB simply becasue I spend 10-12 hours a day at my fulltime job with the majority of that time spent on my feet on concrete. So when free thirty rolls around that afternoon I am more than ready to sit on the Z for a little while.

corey4671
02-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Bump Bump!!