PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping ideas

corey4671
01-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Want to get some opinions on what some of you would do here. In the one picture, this is the back of my house. Under the door, there used to by a wheelchair ramp that I tore out this morning. I am getting some concrete steps to replace it, but I want to do some light landscaping here. Thought about just some pea gravel from the patio to the corner of the house. I don't want to do anything extravagant as we plan to add on to the back of the house in a few years. ALSO..the other photo...this was an old rotten tree that came down in a storm last spring. ANy suggestions on something I could do here. The propane tank will be gone sometime early spring.

ed2hess
01-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Don't have any good ideas but the pea gravel may be a bad idea the stuff is hard to walk on can't blow debris out of it.

corey4671
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Don't have any good ideas but the pea gravel may be a bad idea the stuff is hard to walk on can't blow debris out of it.

Actually my plan was to make a walkway from the door through the peagravel. This is not a main entrance. It is out of the main bedroom. This was my grandparents house and my grandmother was bedridden. This house was built after the original house burned down. My grandparents were obsessed with fire and couldn't have enough exits out of the house. Thanks anyway though.

VO Landscape Design
01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
short deck out the door to patio. low shrubs around it.
top of my head . off to work.
VO

corey4671
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
short deck out the door to patio. low shrubs around it.
top of my head . off to work.
VO

Had considered that, however...two things..ONE...this door is to the main bedroom. It is there in case of emergency. TWO..like I said, when we get ready to add on to the back of the house, I don't want to have to be tearing out something again. I appreciate your input though..really I do. What about lava rocks guys?

Swampy
01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I just get some of those round like stepping stones and make a walk out of them. As for steps to the door? make them out of green treeted wood. its cheap and works if your going to end up tearing it out anyways.

corey4671
01-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I just get some of those round like stepping stones and make a walk out of them. As for steps to the door? make them out of green treeted wood. its cheap and works if your going to end up tearing it out anyways.

well the thing is it could be as long as three or four years before we add on and I can get the concrete steps for $80....Yeah I was planning on getting the concrete square stepping stones to make the walkway..I just want to do something in that space to cut out the unneccesary mowing around the house as grass never really seems to grow there anyway.

corey4671
08-04-2007, 01:19 AM
I know it has been a WHILE since I originally posted this, but thought I'd give you guys an updated work in progress report. As I'm sure many of you can relate to, the projects at home get put off until you get to them whnever that may be. Take a look and tell me what you think.

corey4671
08-04-2007, 01:22 AM
and yes before you say so..I still haven't gotten around to putting the steps in AND I know the mulch looks like two different colors. Some had been down longer than other parts. It has all blended now.