PDA

View Full Version : AerWay shattertine aerators

DiyDave
01-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Aerway Shattertine (or sporttine or finetine) aerators? I am thinking of buying one and wanted some input.

upidstay
02-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Aerway soil shatterers are awesome. They do a very good job of relieving soil compaction, and there is very little surface disruption. They can play on it immediately after you're gone. No cores, no holes to catch a cleat in.

DiyDave
02-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Upidstay (i love that name!) any experience using or owning one?

upidstay
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Glad you like the name. Yes, used one a fair amount. Like I said, it did a great job of relieving compaction, with minimal surface disruption. I have been told it is not as effective as pulling cores, but I like the fact that you can play on the field immediately after aerating. No plugs all over the place. And with trying to schedule aeration around field use, that is a huge benefit.

DiyDave
02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Have you heard of Genesistillage.com? there seems to be a bit of controversy about the aerway aerator- it has to do with how the blades are mounted,and what the year of production the aerator is.

Dollar Spot
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
We used one on our fairways and it worked great. We use it to supplement core aerification. The local school uses one on all their sports fields. I never had a problem with it.

kenh3497
03-24-2007, 08:17 PM
We had one at the school I worked at. We had the shatter tine and it worked ok. Our soil was/is so hard that I wished we had the sport tine to get a bit better penitration. I did add weight to the unit but we only had an Allis 5020 so we were limited to how much weight we could add. Over all, I was satified with the Aer Way.

1turfguy
04-04-2007, 07:15 PM
have an aeravator....love it...takes time getting used to being able to turn and keep areating .. also great for b ball infields

lawn and stump
08-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm looking for a small aero-vator and tractor if anybody knows of one for sale.