PDA

View Full Version : Deals are out there

Mdirrigation
01-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Its great being in the right place at the right time , I stopped by the mechanic to pick up a compressor and another customer of his walked in and asked him if he could sell a one and a half inch missile , complete for $ 600.00.
He uses 3 inch mostly and was tripping over it in his garage . I wrote him a check on the spot .

koster_irrigation
01-30-2007, 07:49 PM
how far do you shoot with those missles?

Dirty Water
01-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Lucky, I've been wanting a missile forever.

We got a call from another irrigation company a few weeks ago, said he had gotten a semi truckload of assorted parts from an auction or something and wondered if we wanted any.

We ended up paying $200 for about 500 SCH 80 fittings from 3/4" to 2".

I don't use SCH80 fittings much (downstream of pumps is about it), but for that price, why not.

koster_irrigation
01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
EBAY

Seen a few decent deals recently there

Mdirrigation
01-31-2007, 08:42 AM
how far do you shoot with those missles?

I have shot 50 feet and hit the mark within 8 inches . The new one is smaller than my others it will be great for shooting under walks , driveways and thru beds

SprinklerGuy
01-31-2007, 09:17 AM
I have a boatload of pvc fittings ranging from 1/2 to 2 inch as well....wanna picture of them and pay me 200 bucks for them all?

Seriously..I have a ton of pvc fittings...anyone interested PM me....

bicmudpuppy
01-31-2007, 10:33 AM
I have shot 50 feet and hit the mark within 8 inches . The new one is smaller than my others it will be great for shooting under walks , driveways and thru beds

the missle concept intrigues me. I've never actually seen one work. On those installations where the side yard is to small for a machine, would a missile shoot down the yard instead of boring a drive and going down the other side?

If they are as easy to use as some of you make it sound, the possibilities are endless. How long does it take to make a shot?

Mdirrigation
02-01-2007, 08:55 AM
the missle concept intrigues me. I've never actually seen one work. On those installations where the side yard is to small for a machine, would a missile shoot down the yard instead of boring a drive and going down the other side?

If they are as easy to use as some of you make it sound, the possibilities are endless. How long does it take to make a shot?

They are great for narrow areas , going under sidewalks and drives , when a landsacpe bed is in the wAY , I go under . need to run a pipe along a steep hill where a plow will tip over , use the missile. As Far as time from set up to putting it away on a 30 foot shot is anout 45 minutes in sandy soil .

I did with out one for 15 years until I paid a guy to shoot 3 roads for me , I bought 2 used ones 2 weeks later , paid for them in less than a month . I now work for , 4 plumbers and 6 electricians and 1 of my competition . Time is money , If I can buy equipment that makes me more efficent and makes life easier I do it in a heartbeat

If you want to see one work call your local equipment dealer to demo one for you

Flow Control
02-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I have never heard of one is there a information link available

Vermeer
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Look around this website. It will give you just about all the info you need. http://www.hammerheadmole.com/methods/horizontal_boring_method.htm.

Flow Control
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Basic boring machine without being attached to another machine? Nice

londonrain
02-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I picked up some nice deals from one of my suppliers:
They are clearing out Hunter products.
I-20's $8.70ea Qty. 101
pgp's $7.15ea. Qty. I paid for 72 and received 103
ICC controller $121
PGH 12" $14.57 Qty. 24
PGV 101 G 1" $10ea Qty. 23

I am going back next week for the spray heads...

SprinklerGuy
02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
You are going to call ur supplier and mention that you paid for 72 and received 103 right?

londonrain
02-01-2007, 03:47 PM
You are going to call ur supplier and mention that you paid for 72 and received 103 right?
LOL..They had 72 listed in the computer but had 103 on shelf, so they gave me all they had left...:clapping:

Flow Control
02-01-2007, 03:52 PM
What are they going carry then Rain Bird or Toro or just getting out of the irrigation supply end of their business. Great prices, too bad they only had a few parts left.

londonrain
02-01-2007, 04:00 PM
What are they going carry then Rain Bird or Toro or just getting out of the irrigation supply end of their business. Great prices, too bad they only had a few parts left.
Long story but in a nutshell. Homedepot/HDsupply purchsed the supplier. Homedepot does not like Hunter since Hunter will not sell in the HD retail stores. So Homedepot/HDSupply said no more Hunter....:confused:
They still have Nelson but Ill pass on Nelson Rotors at $7.00 my cost

Flow Control
02-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Was that a Hughes Supply by chance? To this day I have never installed or worked with a Nelson rotor. They seem pretty HD to the touch.

londonrain
02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Was that a Hughes Supply by chance? To this day I have never installed or worked with a Nelson rotor. They seem pretty HD to the touch.
We have a winner.....

Mad Estonian
02-01-2007, 11:15 PM
To this day I have never installed or worked with a Nelson rotor

I hope it stays that way for you. Some of my customers whose systems I maintain have them, and I HATE them. Those frickin' caps with the screw in them that always comes loose, who designs these things? I slagged on Nelson at my auditing course, not realizing one of their reps was in the crowd. Oops, not that I'll ever be dealing with him though...

bicmudpuppy
02-02-2007, 08:58 AM
To this day I have never installed or worked with a Nelson rotor

I hope it stays that way for you. Some of my customers whose systems I maintain have them, and I HATE them. Those frickin' caps with the screw in them that always comes loose, who designs these things? I slagged on Nelson at my auditing course, not realizing one of their reps was in the crowd. Oops, not that I'll ever be dealing with him though...

ya ought to have dealt with it before they had a screw holding the cap on.................