PDA

View Full Version : Wire Caddy Pics for Koster

PurpHaze
01-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Here you go. Fully loaded with four full 2500' spools of 14 gauge wire, with the pneumatic tires the whole thing balances really well and can be rolled across rough terrain with no problems. Spools can be changed in about 15 seconds. We transport it to a site by rolling it up into the back of our irrigation trailer.

Dirty Water
01-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Do you use the blue 14 gauge for tracer wire? Thats pretty common in my area.

PurpHaze
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
In our color scheme we use the blue as a spare common. It's looped through all the boxes as backup in case a major portion of the white common wire is destroyed for some reason.

We do the same thing with the orange wire but it's designated as spare control wiring.

koster_irrigation
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
thankya

i want something similar but smaller

Greenlee makes a floor sitting thing, but i dont want to come off 100 bucks for a bent peice of metal

i once saw a golf course irrigation co' trailer outfitted a 7x14 with about 30 spools of 2500' wire on bars to tow behind a tractor while the trencher was going along...
gitten r done

PurpHaze
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
We actually had a wire wheel installed at the front of our trailer that held eight spools of 2500' 14 gauge. The wires would run out the back and through rollers in the tail gate. Had to have the trailer lined up right and worked pretty slick. Pain to change the spools though. Switched to the wire caddy on wheels and haven't looked back and used the other one since.