PDA

View Full Version : Haulmark vs. Pace American trailers

amanda8950
01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey guys - Looking into stepping up to my first enclosed trailer. Looking at Haulmark and Pace-American trailers. With them both equiped similar, the Pace Americans are about $500-600 higher. Are they that much better of a trailer than Haulmark ? I've seen a lot of Haulmark trailers on the road and thought if there's that many of them out there, they can't be all that bad , can they ?

Total.Lawn.Care
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a Haulmark. I like it and it has never gien me any problems. I also like the Pace American trailers. My next one will probably be a Pace. I feel like they are made about the same, however you have ot ensure you are comparing the same build quality trailers. Pace has several different model lines form Journey to Voyagers, etc. Some have closer suppert beams and treated floors, etc. Ensure you are pricing comparable trailers. Both will giv eyou years of use, you just need to decide just want you want/need in your trailer.

PLS-Tx
01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
We have a Pace 8.5x20, good trailer, but if we ever get another one we may go with Wells Cargo.

We did look at the Haulmark's, they looked as good as the Pace to us.

mrusk
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
I think the acctually quality of a trailer depends on how you spec it! I ordered my haulmark Grizzly trailer speced the way i wanted. The grizzly is their heavy duty trailer. I had the floor joist put on 16in on center instead of 24. I added extra heigh, heavier axles, extra lights, extended tounge, extra flap on the ramp,treated floor, plywood walls and some other stuff.

Honestly i think the fit and finsh on the trailer is mediocore. Honestly, the only reason i bought the haulmark was since they were running a 0,0,0 promotion for a year.

Overall i am happy with the trailer. For my next trailer i might look at Carmate. I know Wells cargo is the best (not counting featherlite), i just think the wells are alittle over priced!