PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to secure equipment???

jeffh1988
02-01-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm having a new trailer made more this year for mowing because i'm getting a new mower i will need a wider trailer. I am also getting all new hand held equipment so i'm looking for the best ways to outfit my trailer and staying professional. I'm going with two foot expanded metal sides and weed eater racks. I'm thinking about a box that is on the front of the trailer but elevated around 2 or 3 foot off the trailer floor. I know you guys have seen them out there. I'm looking for dimensions on one of those? Using the box i believe would be the best way to secure gas cans, hand tools, blowers, etc. If you guys have any other suggestions shoot them out there. Let me know what yalls best setups are for every day mowing as far as small equipment goes.
Thanks
Jeff

Jason Pallas
02-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Jeff - we've got chains and locks welded right onto the trailer in strategic places so that it's easy to lock the crap down when we work in the inner city (Detroit). Of course, that just encouraged them to steal the entire truck and rig together.... that sucked. But, those chains and locks are were a lot more convenient.

jtkplc
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I use ProLockers and couldn't be happier with them. There are less expensive alternatives, however.

sikagrass
02-01-2007, 10:24 AM
If youre starting from scratch I think Jason has the right idea. If you already have the chains welded on there it would insure their use. Losing one piece of equipment is too much, its so easy to do.Next time the welder is out Im going to do that.Ive just been running chains thru the mesh lazy me.

chuck bow
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p164/rainboturf/012_12.jpg

jeffh1988
02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
thanks for the help guys i've got a few good ideas.....Chuck the box on the front of your trailer is exactly what i'm wanting to do. If you have time can you get me the dimensions of that box?
Thanks
Jeff

Total.Lawn.Care
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
thanks for the help guys i've got a few good ideas.....Chuck the box on the front of your trailer is exactly what i'm wanting to do. If you have time can you get me the dimensions of that box?
Thanks
Jeff

Looks to me to be 24"x24"xTrailer Width. That should give you a good bit of room with alot of lockable storage.

chuck bow
02-02-2007, 09:56 AM
You got it its 82 wide and prob can fit a 84 trailer with the way it bolts to trailer and the mounts anyway its 82x24 x24 best damn thing i ever bought or one of best