PDA

View Full Version : Mulch ?

unlimted01
02-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi,
As my first year really stepping into the landscaping market i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I was wonderin what do u guys charge for mulch and install. I came up with 21 a yard and 20 a yard instal is that in the right range or am i off

Uranus
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
LOW. Mark up you mulch price per yard and charge $30-$45 depending on the location and weeding needs. Dont forget to add in the delivery charge
That will get the ball rolling for you.
Keep asking questions and you'll make some money and not go under in your first year. Lots of people here with good advice

lawnMaster5000
02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
You are in a totaly different market, but there are people around here chargine as low as $30/yd installed including edging. Those people are crazy.

The most I have been able to charge is $45/yd before people say they will go somewhere else for mulch. I sub out a lot of my mulch work and pay $35/yd installed.

There are a few companies charging $60/yd plus bed work.

All prices stated are for course hardwood mulch. Price Includes bed cleaning and edge work.

EDIT:

Oh ya, no delivery fees and 2 yd minimum.

DBL
02-02-2007, 12:10 AM
$100/yard delivered prepped and installed

PSUturf
02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
$65 per yard with no prep if the job requires more than 15 yards. (that's the minimum for using our blower truck) $95 per yard if less than 15 yards is required.

ooo
02-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I charge $70 a yard installed. This does not include edging. If its in a tough spot, I charge a bit more.

General Landscaping
02-07-2007, 11:40 PM
That would never fly around here..... $60-$100 for laying out 9 bags of mulch.
Might as well say "I don't do that" and save yourself the trouble of an estimate.

cpel2004
02-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Well 60 to 85 should be about right. For the pick up and delivery, it sound about right.

mad_wrestler
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
We start at 2x what the mulch costs us. Our range is from $56/yd - 85/yd. Price varies due to amount of weeds. Don't forget to sell the pre-M or spraying for the weeds.

bluediamond
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
We charge $60 for brown and $75 for red and black installed no major weeding though, that would be extra. We pay $10 for brown and $17.50 for red and black. All prices are per yard.

www.bluediamondlandscaping.com

mad_wrestler
02-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I can't seem to find it for less than $28/yd. It must be made of gold down here! How do you get it so cheap.

bluediamond
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
We have a yard close to us that makes it and dyes it there, no middle man

paponte
02-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey Vito, who cares what you charge! LOL :laugh: Hey where are you getting black and Red for $17.50? Thats pretty cheap. We have gone as low as $40yd for brown in large quantity and $60yd for dyed. But thats through a blower.

supercuts
02-11-2007, 08:38 AM
i get $85/yard installed, includes purhase, delivery MILD weeding. edging is etra, heavy weeds extra. purchas is about $25/yard here.

GSMOSS
03-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Are These Prices For Installing Mulch In New Beds That Need To Be Cleared Of Grass, Or Are They For Already Established Beds?

WHITESLAWNCARE
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
my friend makes great mulch nice and fine in all the colors u could want even a real nice natural garden mulch starts at 18 a yard then goes up its nice when he loads u hes got a heavy hand as for pricing i would laugh in there face if they said 60.00 dollars is to much i wont do a yard for less then a hundred a yard but Im talking preped the right way not mulch over the weeds with a freaking foot of mulch my jobs look good the next year with proper installation

WHITESLAWNCARE
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
bed development is priced a little diffrent depending on the involvement and what the cust wants these prices are for remulching existing beds

Whitey4
01-28-2008, 08:08 PM
my friend makes great mulch nice and fine in all the colors u could want even a real nice natural garden mulch starts at 18 a yard then goes up its nice when he loads u hes got a heavy hand as for pricing i would laugh in there face if they said 60.00 dollars is to much i wont do a yard for less then a hundred a yard but Im talking preped the right way not mulch over the weeds with a freaking foot of mulch my jobs look good the next year with proper installation

i was wondering it you might add some capital letters and periods and commas becasue it is very hard to read posts that dont use them cuz it makes my eyes hurt and then i get a headache and my family doesnt like it when i get all grouchy like that because i get all grouchy when i read posts like this one so if u could do that i wood not get so grouchy and there is a spell checker here too that works gud thanks

WHITESLAWNCARE
01-29-2008, 03:10 PM
how "GUD" does it work whitey4--- maybe take your own advice and check your spelling
the thing Im lacking is called punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!by the way spell check does not check for punctuation mistakes, so get your facts straight. On the other side of things i joined this forum to get and give advice not to have some gooooonnnn waste my time and his telling me how grouchy he is. thanks for being professional we all know the industry needs more of that so dont waste my time.

BRENDAN WHITE

bigw
01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
how "GUD" does it work whitey4--- maybe take your own advice and check your spelling
the thing Im lacking is called punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!by the way spell check does not check for punctuation mistakes, so get your facts straight. On the other side of things i joined this forum to get and give advice not to have some gooooonnnn waste my time and his telling me how grouchy he is. thanks for being professional we all know the industry needs more of that so dont waste my time.

BRENDAN WHITE

That want right over the top of his head whitey :hammerhead:

WHITESLAWNCARE
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
no it didnt, i did notice he wrote the same way that i did in the previous post but i didnt join to be attacked about how i type, im not writing a thesis . i do understand that it is a pain to read but i 4 one dont have time to be a typist and check everything and they are called run on sentences

i did allso notice that since the short time i have belonged to this sit some of u log on with the sole purpose of belittling people

Sunstate Lawn
01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Nobody is asking you to write a thesis, but a little effort goes a long way on a post. I'm sure you don't write out estimates or bills like that.
Take a little extra time to do it right.

STRINGALATION
01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Whitey In Case You Have Not Been Told Welcome To Lawnsite. Where The Opinions Are Strong And You Can Get As Much Good Info As Bad. But Hey I Do Not Spell Check Do Not Do Thesesis But I Am Not Going Any Where

smcunningham
01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Here we go again.....

Sunstate Lawn
01-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Around here from what I can figure the goung rate is about $40 per yard installed. That's assuming no major bad prep, just a remulch / freshen up.
It's probably different where you are.

WHITESLAWNCARE
01-30-2008, 07:12 AM
This is my last post on this thread unless i have to defend my self again.

Hay sunstate is the forty dollars installed including the cost of the mulch?
And if u have to prep the bed do u hand weed or spray or both?
i know that we are all from diffrent areas but forty buck installed is cheep if it includes mulch

and as for the previous post did not mean to start an argument
will some one check my spelling :hammerhead: lol

IN2MOWN
01-30-2008, 10:06 AM
$80.00 per yard installed.

STRINGALATION
01-30-2008, 02:22 PM
cost 25.00 for black or red installed 110.00 with no major prep.