PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or....

koster_irrigation
02-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Have i been lucky (KNOCK ON WOOD) that i havent hit any lines or utilities. while boring under, roads, drives, sidewalks. To me this is the worst kind of break.

I always call ULOCO. are here theyre called http://www.ncocc.org

One close call a long while back, i was JETTING (back in the day lol) under a 8' wide side walk, i hit something near the end of the bore so i started hand digging the other side to finish and it was the main electric to the house!!! not even 8" under the grade.

I remember hearing recently some cable co. bored though a 24" water main while boring under a roadway here in wilson. Although they were using a vermeer navigator pull fiber.

PurpHaze
02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Beginning in April all you'll need to do is call 811. That's when the locating companies in the U. S. are supposed to switch over.

koster_irrigation
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
cool i'll be looking forward to that

Tadams
02-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh man, I hope you didn't just jinx yourself! Some people are very superstitious when it comes to talking about "good" luck. Be careful.....Be very careful!

Dirty Water
02-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Today I nearly plowed through a 3" pressured septic line and its wiring conduit.

Saw the tank riser lid while I was lining up the plow and though I'd check inside to see the depth of the feed line.

Really Really glad I did.

Pressurized poo always ruins my day.