PDA

View Full Version : Herculiner/ DIY bedliner in trailer?

FIRESCOOBY
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm picking up a new 7X16 enclosed trailer in a couple of weeks. This trailer will be used for a lawncare/landscape business. Before I spill any gas or hydro fluid on the PT wood, I'd like to treat the floor with something like a DIY bedliner. I looked into having LINE-X do the floor and ramp, but it's nearly $1000.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these products?

How well will it hold up to gas, hydro fluid, things being dropped, etc?

What is involved in prepping wood?

How slip resistant is it when wet?

Is one coat enough? The Herculiner kit says enough for a 6' bed. Figuring 6'X9' (bed and sides) is 54 sq ft. My trailer and ramp is about is about 154 sq ft. At $99.99/ each thats 3 kits at about $325.

Any tips or information is appreciated.

lawncare3
02-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Its about slip resistant as any trailer out there. But I wouldn't use it as I used on my beds before and it WILL scratch off. I would keep looking

FIRESCOOBY
02-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Its about slip resistant as any trailer out there. But I wouldn't use it as I used on my beds before and it WILL scratch off. I would keep looking

What are some other options? I know people use tile, but that is very expensive and not very slip resistant.

TGM
02-02-2007, 05:52 PM
i did the herculiner in my old truck, it faded in 1 week and wound up rubbing 1/2 off...what was left was really rough and would cut my hands.

i would recommend a high quality marine paint. my dad used some in his trailer; i'll try to find the name for ya.

xcopterdoc
02-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Never had much luck with it myself. I would go with an epoxy paint, with non skid added in. Apply with brush and roller.

Matts lawn care
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
You might want to look into the kits they sell at Home Depot that you put on your garage floor. Its a rubber non slip like coating. The name is not coming to me at the moment.