PDA

View Full Version : My New Equipment

VO Landscape Design
02-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Plan on making good use of this in the near future.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/paws4pets/Misc/draftingpencil.jpg
Couldn't resist.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
VO

GreenN'Clean
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Did that huge purchase almost break the bank... LoL

Mr Priceless
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
VO

*drools* that marvelous piece of equipment costs more than my :gmctruck:

Matts lawn care
02-02-2007, 08:01 PM
You might want to add that to your list of 07 equipment!
One thing i will tell you now is make good use of it, those things don't come cheep. O yea 1 more thing DON'T BREAK ANY LEAD.

Youngbeginner
02-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Those are very versatile. Is that a customized pocket clip? Looks great! hahaha

Tim Wright
02-02-2007, 08:21 PM
I just have to ask, how much did that power tool set you back for? I have been dreaming of bringing one into the arsenal for years. I don't think I will be able to afford one until retirement though.

Tim

LindblomRJ
02-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Looks to be one of the best purchases I have seen here.

Youngbeginner
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I was looking at one similar to yours at a dealer in TX, but they were asking way too much (over $3.34!) so I decided to go with an off brand.

Matts lawn care
02-03-2007, 11:53 PM
I was looking at one similar to yours at a dealer in TX, but they were asking way too much (over $3.34!) so I decided to go with an off brand.

Good thing you did there's a recall on that models led feed system. Mine is still at the dealer getting straitened out! now i am wishing i would have used a conventional pen.

RedMax Man
02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not old enough to operate big, dangerous tools yet so i just use these...

Total.Lawn.Care
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
VO

Give us the details, HP, Model, Fuel Usage, price.

How big is your operation? Have you figured out if that purchase will make you any money? Maybe you should have saved a few $$$s and purcahsed a used one with low hours then upgrade as you grow....

teamoneoutdoors
02-05-2007, 05:44 PM
VO

Where did you get the lettering done? Is it a magnetic sign or vinyl?

Does it stripe?

Matts lawn care
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM

How big is your operation? Have you figured out if that purchase will make you any money? Maybe you should have saved a few $$$s and purcahsed a used one with low hours then upgrade as you grow....

You forgot the #1 stat. How is the productivity on that monster?

iluvscag
02-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Once, I seen a pen in a Louis Vutton store that went for $700. Usually I don't go in them stores but I just had to ask what was so special about. I went in there and asked them and heres their response. "Sir if you have to ask why something costs so much then you do not need to be shopping here" I was like OK, but I can still buy alot more stuff than a pen with 700.

nmez21
02-05-2007, 09:30 PM
"Sir if you have to ask why something costs so much then you do not need to be shopping here"

DON'T QUESTION! JUST BUY! :laugh:

But seriously, that's rediculous. That's almost 10 cases of Fluid Film.

LindblomRJ
02-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm not old enough to operate big, dangerous tools yet so i just use these...

ol tops...

Raven386
02-06-2007, 10:04 AM
ok i have a question...... what brand is better? Bic, Dixon, or Papermate. they all have pretty comparable stats & prices. but i cant decide between them. my dealer sells Bic but i was thinking of maybe switching brands this year.

LindblomRJ
02-06-2007, 10:12 AM
ok i have a question...... what brand is better? Bic, Dixon, or Papermate. they all have pretty comparable stats & prices. but i cant decide between them. my dealer sells Bic but i was thinking of maybe switching brands this year.

Bet there will several threads started asking which one is the best.

4 Seasons
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
That's one hell of a rig you got there!!

Youngbeginner
02-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I know I'm going to offend a lot of people on here, but, I only run BIC. When you take into consideration the price, along with the option of direct lead injectors, they're far superior. Some people say Papermate, but they just don't have enough carrying capacity. BIC hands down.

VO Landscape Design
02-06-2007, 07:09 PM

How big is your operation? Have you figured out if that purchase will make you any money? Maybe you should have saved a few $$$s and purchased a used one with low hours then upgrade as you grow....

Model #12Y770
No gas (unless I eat beans)
$17.95
Big enough we have to share it. Gets frustrating at times.
Should make alot of money (in theory) .
I think it is a wise investment, PB&J for awhile.
VO

VO Landscape Design
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Where did you get the lettering done? Is it a magnetic sign or vinyl?

Does it stripe?

It came with the lettering included in the purchase price.
It has a sticker for now until I can upgrade.
It only stripes when I peel off the sticker (oh were you talking about grass)

VO Landscape Design
02-06-2007, 07:12 PM
You forgot the #1 stat. How is the productivity on that monster?

So far so good. Got 2 Spring jobs so far.
VO

J&R Landscaping
02-06-2007, 09:50 PM

Don't forget Pilot!!! LOL

Is it springtime yet??? :dizzy: :usflag: :laugh:

Raven386
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
ok i was coming close to a decision and now you throw in Pilot! ok ill have to start another poll now.

Raven386
02-07-2007, 12:00 AM
ok now the pressure is on! i just lost my money maker!!!

BTLS
02-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I hate to stir up a hornets nest, but the first thing I'd do is take off that fancy eraser cap- it just gets in the way. may void the warranty though.

LindblomRJ
02-07-2007, 09:16 AM
The officemate is clearly a piece of junk.

TGM
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
520 model is too weak, if you had ths 620 you may have been alright.

personally i prefer pens, but the heavier weight and extra load of whiteout makes my job a little harder.

Raven386
02-07-2007, 11:38 PM
its a good thing this post was started, dont want that happening to anyone else. i wish it was started when i got that O.M. 520!

I hate to stir up a hornets nest, but the first thing I'd do is take off that fancy eraser cap- it just gets in the way. may void the warranty though.

it does void the warranty so ive heard. but it does help with aerodynamics. you can write up to 10 words per minute with it. and only average 4-5 WPM with it removed. ill try some upgrades and update everyone here. im thinking maybe an Eraser Spacer. or maybe upgrade models.

4 Seasons
02-07-2007, 11:40 PM
If your looking for a hard working reliable machine, Hands Down SHARPIE!!!

BTLS
02-08-2007, 02:32 AM
true- i've heard you'll burn up the eraser quicker with the cap off, but to me, it's worth it. you can see what you're erasing better with it off.

Youngbeginner
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
If your looking for a hard working reliable machine, Hands Down SHARPIE!!!

PLEASE!!! If you are going to bring markers into this then go start your own forum. Let's keep the posts on track. This is VO Landscapes Thread. Some people need to take things like equiptment threads serious. :laugh:

4 Seasons
02-08-2007, 01:41 PM
My bad, I guess you guys aren't ready for heavy machinery!! :weightlifter:

Raven386
02-08-2007, 10:54 PM
i actually called a couple places today about demo-ing a 2007 Sharpie. they said i had to watch a safety video and then have 5+ hours in the classroom! so i guess ill have to wait for the upgrade.

Matts lawn care
02-09-2007, 12:14 AM
All that and you didn't take a fume management class? Go figure, im not ready for that kind of equipment.

STONE SCAPES
02-09-2007, 10:13 AM
thanks for the laughs guys. heres mine blew the budget on the paint job couldn't afford optional eraser

Raven386
02-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Should i sign up for the Fume Management Class? now im worried i wont be liscensed for using sharpies!

VO Landscape Design
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM
thanks for the laughs guys. heres mine blew the budget on the paint job couldn't afford optional eraser
Saw one like that but just couldn't justify the paint job!:laugh: :laugh:
VO

Total.Lawn.Care
02-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Looks like you need to take better care of your equipment. Looks to need a good sharpening, and that earaser looks like if has been used to much on one side. This kind of equipment is not cheap, need to take real good care of it...

RedMax Man
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
What brand of sharpener should i get? and what style? bench mount etc.
I own a yellow #2.

Matts lawn care
02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I am the king when it comes to sharpeners. If $ is not an issue go for the X-ACTO Model 41 Commercial Electric Pencil Sharpener Metallic Beige. (pic #1)
If that is overkill i would go for the Staples® Dual Dome Pencil Sharpener. This is my personal favorite. It has 2 sized sharpeners so you have one for big jobs and one for smaller ones. (pic #2) Tell me what you think.

Matts lawn care
02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
O yea by the way this is what I'm running
Break-resistant black lead for smooth writing.

#2 lead
Break-resistant black lead for smooth writing (life saver)
Hexagonal shaped pencil has smudge-free rubber eraser (used a lot for trim work)
PMA Certified nontoxic (usually over-looked not by me)

RedMax Man
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Alright cool, so i guess a Magna matic would be over kill for sharpening?:laugh: Your reccomendations will really save me $$$, i won't have to spend 100 times more just to keep it sharp.

RedMax Man
02-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Do i need to be licensed to apply this? It would help to fill in the bare spots so i could reseed... i mean rewrite.:confused:

Matts lawn care
02-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Like i said in an earlier post you need to take a fume management class but do not need to take a class on application. By the way how wide is the brush or deck? They make it seem massive. Do you think you need to buy it in that massive of quantities? Seems like overkill to me.

Raven386
02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Like i said in an earlier post you need to take a fume management class but do not need to take a class on application. By the way how wide is the brush or deck? They make it seem massive. Do you think you need to buy it in that massive of quantities? Seems like overkill to me.

i actually heard through the grapevine that they are introducing a new 1" deck for 07!! way to overkill for me. but maybe ill just pick one up for fun? i took the F.M.C tonight. (Fume Management Class) it was 7 1/2 hours. :sleeping: i walked out of there feeling a good buzz too ;):dizzy: