PDA

View Full Version : Toyota towing enclosed trailer Pics.

stuffdeer
02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Pulled up to the gas pump, and this pulled in.

GreenN'Clean
02-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Thats a sweet trailer

iowa
02-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Sorry. Wouldn't even consider buying that truck even if it was the last one on the planet.

Chop Stuff Up
02-03-2007, 04:52 PM
trailer must be empty?

stuffdeer
02-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I have to agree with you. I was kinda surprised, as I've never seen a Toyota TOWING ANYTHING.

I'd still rather have a Nice F-150 over the Tundra.

climber
02-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow I thought that was a f150 when I first saw it... And it looks like a dodge ram thats been lowered and ugly! And it looks like the trailers bottoming out the suspension too... A work truck eh?

Dan

lawnboy dan
02-03-2007, 08:02 PM
well my 03 v6 tundra out tows my 93 v8 chevy !

JKenney
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
You should have told him to take the spring bars off and tow it like a real man. Hell, my Oldsmobile will tow that with a weight-distributing hitch! And yes stuffdeer their is a reason you don't see Toyota's and Nissan's towing trailers very often.

greenscapes,inc.
02-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow I thought that was a f150 when I first saw it... And it looks like a dodge ram thats been lowered and ugly! And it looks like the trailers bottoming out the suspension too... A work truck eh?

Dan

Bottoming out the suspension?? It looks like its holding it pretty good. I dont know how it pulls but I hardly would say the suspension is bottomed out. Im a Ford guy but there is not a truck out there that will out last a toyota or beat its resale.

newz7151
02-03-2007, 10:04 PM
What about what the one on the side of the trailer is pulling? I don't know, I've never driven a Toyota (i can't read the foreign language manual) so I don't know how they handle or anything, but I'm sure that as they are progressing that they are able to be tow vehicles. I don't know why they insist on putting the TRD logo on everything though. Who wants to have a "racing development" truck to work with everyday...

mrusk
02-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I hope toyota keeps on moving foward with their trucks!!! All you guys that are talking **** about this truck, better pull your heads out of your arses.

Give toyota a couple of years and they will have a truck that can compete with any of the domestic 3. Than those companies will acctually be in trouble. Face the only thing ford, chevy and dodge really have going for them is their trucks.

The toyota truck should acctually last a couple hundred miles. I hope to never buy a domestic 250-550 again. I plan on running 26k gvw internationals instead of 550s, and cab overs. I'll use the toyotas trucks as run around trucks. Without a doubt, i think this plan will make a postive impact on my bottom line.

LB1234
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I hope toyota keeps on moving foward with their trucks!!! All you guys that are talking **** about this truck, better pull your heads out of your arses.

Give toyota a couple of years and they will have a truck that can compete with any of the domestic 3. Than those companies will acctually be in trouble. Face the only thing ford, chevy and dodge really have going for them is their trucks.

The toyota truck should acctually last a couple hundred miles. I hope to never buy a domestic 250-550 again. I plan on running 26k gvw internationals instead of 550s, and cab overs. I'll use the toyotas trucks as run around trucks. Without a doubt, i think this plan will make a postive impact on my bottom line.

Couldn't agree more. The truck isn't even out yet and everyone is trashing it. I can't wait till they move into the 3/4-1 ton market. I'm sure if you spoke to any higher ups in the big three they are nervous as hell. They are actually going to have to make something that lasts awhile and doesn't cost much to maintain???? Who would have ever thought...oh toyota did

Proscapez LLC
02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
well we bought a Toyota once, I cant see why anyone would buy a second one. they are total crap!!!!!!!!!

Matts lawn care
02-03-2007, 11:18 PM
I have to agree with you. I was kinda surprised, as I've never seen a Toyota TOWING ANYTHING.

I'd still rather have a Nice F-150 over the Tundra.

I agree i would much rather have a nice F-150. When i think Toyota i think small compact car, not work truck.

vadeere
02-04-2007, 03:34 AM
if he was drinkin diesel, the domestic boys better grab their ankles.

Groh's Mows
02-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Stuffdeer, thanks for posting the pics. I've been interested to see one of the new Toyota "full-size" trucks on the road as there has been alot of talk about them in the truck magazines. I have always had Chevy or GMC trucks and I love the 07 restyle, but with so much of GM's production in Mexico and/or Canada and Toyota's assembly plants in Indiana and now Texas...which truck is really buying American?

RockSet N' Grade
02-04-2007, 07:36 AM
This is a great thread and I love that opinions are so strong...on one side or the other, with no real middle ground. Toyota is on the move, knocking on the door of the big three, they have an aggressive marketing campaign that is working.....their viewpoint is not immediate, but longer term. Remember these threads 3 to 4 years from now. With ford losing billions and resting on their laurels, toyota has chosen to step up to the plate and make it clear they are going to take a run at the big 3. It won't happen overnight, but 3-4 yrs down the road, if they have a 1 ton full sized diesel, I would entertain the thought of switching from the "perceived value of 'built ford tough' " to the actual value of longevity of toyota.

salopez
02-04-2007, 09:31 AM
1. toyota makes a good truck, but that thing is ugly.
2. I dont care if they build it in the us...most parts are made in japan and profits go back to japan.
3. Japanese firms dont let the good stuff get built in the us cause we screw it up. you should see a japanse factory, you can eat on the floor. I have spent much time at the honda R&D facility outside Tokyo.
4. its just plain ugly and I am sure over priced as most toyota products.
5. if they make a better 3/4 or 1 ton I would buy it...

Palmer'sLS
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
What about what the one on the side of the trailer is pulling? I don't know, I've never driven a Toyota (i can't read the foreign language manual) so I don't know how they handle or anything, but I'm sure that as they are progressing that they are able to be tow vehicles. I don't know why they insist on putting the TRD logo on everything though. Who wants to have a "racing development" truck to work with everyday...

im glad we see things eye to eye on this one

mrusk
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
2. I dont care if they build it in the us...most parts are made in japan and profits go back to japan.

Toyota is a public company. If you want to get part of their profit all you have to do is buy some of their stock!

davidcalhoun
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
You can always tell when some maunufacture has a decent product. All the yahoos come out and try to bash it thinking that they can influnce someone elses buying decision. This is especially true in the truck market.

You can bash it a 1000 times and it will still gain gound in the truck market.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
time will tell but i am a die hard ford fan and i am looking at the new trucks form yota
at the current cost of new trucks we need one that gets good mileage to save a buck somewhere.
we r in a sad state of big gas guzzling suv's just to run down the corner to get pizza we need to look for ways to save some fuel or we will be paying 4 bucks for a gallon of gas soon and with the minimum wage being as low as it is it would suck to have to work an hour just to get enough money to get to work.

mrusk
02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
time will tell but i am a die hard ford fan and i am looking at the new trucks form yota
at the current cost of new trucks we need one that gets good mileage to save a buck somewhere.
we r in a sad state of big gas guzzling suv's just to run down the corner to get pizza we need to look for ways to save some fuel or we will be paying 4 bucks for a gallon of gas soon and with the minimum wage being as low as it is it would suck to have to work an hour just to get enough money to get to work.

Your telling me! I have agravated that i only have a 3/4 ton cummins to drive. I am getting killed on fuel with all the driving i have to do. Latter this year i will proably look for a 4 cylinder tacoma to use as a estimate/run around mobile. The 4 cylinder is suppose to get 28 miles on the high way. Way better than the 16ish i get now!

mason dude
02-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I dont believe some of you havent seen a toyota towing. I see it all the time. I put 200k on a 96 t-100 ( the mid size) and I now have 50k on my 03 v-8 Tundra and no problems at all. I tow an enclosed trailer with 2 z's in it all week and then I pull either a boat or a 30 ft camper on the weekends. I will never go back to the big 3. I just simply dont have time to fool with poorly engineered, gas guzzlin, high maintenance, low resale trucks that the big 3 try to shove down our throats by "flag waving" I am a veteran and proud American but you cannot have my money for a junk truck, no matter how you try to present it, American trucks are junk and I am in business. period.

stuffdeer
02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Wow guys, Didn't think these pictures would get this much response!

Yes, It looked like a great combo, And No, the rear suspension was not even close to bottoming out.

Cedar Valley Landscapes
02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I just think its funny whenever a 1/2 ton truck is towing a decient sized enclosed trailer with machines in it. I am not here to bash toyota but even with all of their advancements you guys cant tell me that towing that much weight is good for it as well as any 1/2 ton truck. So until Toyota makes a 3/4 truck, i wont consider buying one.

R & R Yard Designs
02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
you got that right larry. a 1/2 ton i think just wont pull a big trailer like that, i like the toys but i think i will look at there 1 ton duel to the mpg that it will get.

HenryB
02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I dont believe some of you havent seen a toyota towing. I see it all the time. I put 200k on a 96 t-100 ( the mid size) and I now have 50k on my 03 v-8 Tundra and no problems at all. I tow an enclosed trailer with 2 z's in it all week and then I pull either a boat or a 30 ft camper on the weekends. I will never go back to the big 3. I just simply dont have time to fool with poorly engineered, gas guzzlin, high maintenance, low resale trucks that the big 3 try to shove down our throats by "flag waving" I am a veteran and proud American but you cannot have my money for a junk truck, no matter how you try to present it, American trucks are junk and I am in business. period.

Well said! I sold my first T100 at 225,000 miles. It spent it's life towing 2 ZTR's and plowing snow. I tried so many times w/ the big three. There is no excuse for the junk they put out. I wish this was not true. I come from a long family line of mechanics and auto-workers. I hope statements like this shame the big three into making vehicles I know they are capable of making.

justanotherlawnguy
02-04-2007, 06:10 PM
I agree i would much rather have a nice F-150. When i think Toyota i think small compact car, not work truck.

Can you say HINO. Work truck all the way... That new Toyota tows 10800...

justanotherlawnguy
02-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I just think its funny whenever a 1/2 ton truck is towing a decient sized enclosed trailer with machines in it. I am not here to bash toyota but even with all of their advancements you guys cant tell me that towing that much weight is good for it as well as any 1/2 ton truck. So until Toyota makes a 3/4 truck, i wont consider buying one.

Look at all the guys towing enclosed trailers with 1/2 ton ford and gm's. I think most of the guys i see around here use 1/2 tons. THen you have the clowns with a diesel 1 ton towing a 6 x 12 open trailer with walk behinds on it. Jeez, talk about a waste....

Toy2
02-04-2007, 06:53 PM
TOYS THE BEST, %&#@ THE REST!

The flush lever has been hit, and Ford and Chevy are on the way down.......
they had plenty of time to fix the junk they made..but missed out.
are
I've had them all, the Toys the best, just got the wife an 07 Camry...awesome car!!!

Plus the 96 Taco is still doing its job with only 75K...plenty more miles to go!!!

GO TUNDRA!!!!

Nice pics!!

Green Grass
02-04-2007, 10:38 PM
so is the trailer empty? or is that where the truck broke in 1/2 at?

Lawn Enforcer
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
My opinion on the looks of the truck-ugly as crap. Also, Toyota had a ******ed commercial on during the Super Bowl. It showed that the Toyota could pull 10,000 LBS. up a steep ramp, and could stop going down the other way with the "awesome" brakes they have now. No way a truck can stop on that steep of a slope with 10,000 behind it and not have trailer brakes. The brakes on the truck are not going to stop you. If you don't have brakes on the trailer, you would be sliding pretty far. Also, when it comes time to fixing those Toyotas it will put a huge hole in your wallet. I am a big Dodge fan, and I would buy a Chevy, GMC, or Ford before ever buying a Toyota or Nissan.

Cedar Valley Landscapes
02-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Look at all the guys towing enclosed trailers with 1/2 ton ford and gm's. I think most of the guys i see around here use 1/2 tons. THen you have the clowns with a diesel 1 ton towing a 6 x 12 open trailer with walk behinds on it. Jeez, talk about a waste....

Well what about those time where you see those guys trying to tow an equipment trailer with a bobcat or mini-excavator on it broke down on the side of the rode and calling someone from the company to bring a bigger truck to come a tow it.(seen it last week on the road). I am not bashing people who do it, I am just saying it is MY prefrence to tow any decient sized enclosed(talking 8 by 18 or 20') with two ztrs or whatever that day calls for.

davidcalhoun
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Quit comparing a 1/2 ton truck to a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. Each size has it's purpose.

If my needs require a 1/2 ton truck, that's what I'm getting.

If my needs require a 3/4 ton truck, that's what I'm getting.

Right now Toyota has raised the bar for a 1/2 ton truck. I fully expect the other manufacturers to raise their bars also. This will be good for all of us. This means that Lawn Enforcer will get a better Dodge thanks to Toyota.

This Toyota 1/2 truck should not be compared to a 3/4 ton truck. When Toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton truck, compare away with the 250s and 2500s.

SimonCX
02-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Quit comparing a 1/2 ton truck to a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. Each size has it's purpose.

If my needs require a 1/2 ton truck, that's what I'm getting.

If my needs require a 3/4 ton truck, that's what I'm getting.

Right now Toyota has raised the bar for a 1/2 ton truck. I fully expect the other manufacturers to raise their bars also. This will be good for all of us. This means that Lawn Enforcer will get a better Dodge thanks to Toyota.

This Toyota 1/2 truck should not be compared to a 3/4 ton truck. When Toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton truck, compare away with the 250s and 2500s.

Very true, it all depends on what you need. The funny thing is when I go to pick up supplies and someone in 1/2 ton thinks that his truck can take what my 1 ton can. They find out real quick when there bumper is dragging the ground and my truck is still level. Personally I don't care if it's a domestic or import truck, but don't try to make it sound like a 1/2 ton can take the abuse and load of a 350 because it can't. I've had a 1/2 ton when I started and it doesn't even compare to a bigger truck, I'd rather have a bigger truck for the job then a too small truck. When toyota comes out with a 1 ton I'll consider it until then a tundra is not enough truck for me, 1700lbs of payload is a joke.

SinjonAssociates
02-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Nissan will be making the first steps followed by Toyota into Superduty territory. I was asked mid year in 06 to attend a customer discussion about what we want in a truck and the Ford managers we talked to said that these two would be venturing into heavy duty trucks. They wanted our feedback on all aspects trucks and this included Nissan and Toyota, which of course prompted our questions as to why they were included. The six other people included in this discussion were Ford Superduty owners as well.
George