PDA

View Full Version : Boy aint it fun.

Repairs
02-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, we had a job we were doing on an old post office today. We had prepared for it last weekend cutting 150' of concrete, and asphalt, and laying the sleeves. I was dreading tying into the building supply though, as it appeared to be 2" copper about 3-4' deep with very little clearance between the meter and a sidewalk and a mechanical coupling going to a galvenized nipple on the meter flange. 20yr plumber buddy came out to give guidance/help as needed. Had to run all over town yesterday to get the copper compression fittings to tee into the bad boy. So we cut into the line and low and behold its brass. The whole supply line to the building is 2" super thick wall brass. That's a first for me. So here we go running around again to get ips comp fittings. By the time it was all said and done I think I spent 250.00 on the stupid parts some of which I didnt even use. Oh well we got it tee'd, had great flow, no leaks. My guys got nine zones in the ground hand digging, covered, cleanup, nozzled, adjusted and controller installed in one day. All this even with the 2" issue and we were running @ 6:00. That's a hard day that will make you smile when its over.

Remote Pigtails
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Pretty impressive. Did you make any money on it? It sounds like you've got a six man digging crew. I've got a 250lb sub I use and he is equal to three men. I go to to bed every night and thank the good lord for having this guy like me.

PurpHaze
02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Good job. When the day is done and the zones are fired and everything is working well it makes it worth all the hassles you've encountered. :)

NOW... Invest in a digital camera, take pictures and share them with us next time! :nono:

PurpHaze
02-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I've got a 250lb sub I use and he is equal to three men. I go to to bed every night and thank the good lord for having this guy like me.

Are you glad he likes you so he doesn't pound the snot out of you? Or is he built like you? :laugh:

Repairs
02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Good job. When the day is done and the zones are fired and everything is working well it makes it worth all the hassles you've encountered. :)

NOW... Invest in a digital camera, take pictures and share them with us next time! :nono:

My wife is a Realtor, and she always seems to make off with it. I am at the point I need my own though...