PDA

View Full Version : toro dingo plow attachment

koster_irrigation
02-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I currently use my new toro 425 to trench in for installs. Ive got the backfiller attachment and the boring unit as well so it works out nicely. Before i had the dingo, i used a walkbehind vermeer trencher, so i value its performance.

Im looking for any input on the toro vib. plow attachment. Id like to start pulling some laterals and if feasible my mains in with the plow.

Any first hand experience with this setup would be nice.

thanks
will

justgeorge
02-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I demoed one once with the plow attachment - it worked ok, not great I'd say but ok. At the time I didn't have anything to compare it to as I was just starting out. I didn't like walking backwards while pulling, but you're already used to that if you're using it with a trencher.

If you're going to pull your laterals no reason you couldn't pull your mains also and give up trenching/backfilling/reseeding altogether.

George

paolaken
02-05-2007, 12:03 PM
i sent you a email about this. anymore questions, just ask.

drmiller100
02-05-2007, 11:38 PM
works well. the whole unit ends up being pretty long, so in tight short quarters, not a lot of room to wiggle.

good news is you can lay 10 feet of poly pipe a minute. GREAT for longer runs.

bicmudpuppy
02-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I currently use my new toro 425 to trench in for installs. Ive got the backfiller attachment and the boring unit as well so it works out nicely. Before i had the dingo, i used a walkbehind vermeer trencher, so i value its performance.

Im looking for any input on the toro vib. plow attachment. Id like to start pulling some laterals and if feasible my mains in with the plow.

Any first hand experience with this setup would be nice.

thanks
will

Well, I've been out of touch for a while again, so the advice is a little late maybe. Any plow beats not plowing. In your situation, (buying the plow seperate), I would try and demo the DW plow first. The plow for the DW is the same unit used on the 255sx and is far superior to the third party plow with the toro stamp on it. The toro plow uses case blades (which if I had a choice I do like the case config better), but the shaker box is way undersized compared to the DW plow. I think Vermeer is making a plow now for the mini's as well. If you have a Vermeer dealer in the area, I would like to see theirs work. Just my 2 cents. Just because your platform has a toro logo on it, does not mean you are limited to toro attachments. At one point, the easiest platform for me to rent was a local dingo, but they didn't have a plow. I have rented the plow from the DW dealer and then picked up the dingo on a couple of occasions. Again, the DW plow is a much better unit.

koster_irrigation
02-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Interesting. I have a DW and a Vermeer Dealer closeby. But im sure both dont have the attachment in stock for rent. Def. not the vermeer im not so sure about the DW. Ive talked to a rental co. nearby and they have a toro vib plow for rent.

Im really excited about getting hold of a plow attachment. Ive talked to my local dingo rep about demoing the plow, he said no prob.
Im gonna wait till the right install comes up soon with a good place to test it. Ive also been looking on ebay and traderonline for used units.

Its been a long time dream to roll though installs without having to BACKFILL !! then TAMP!

will

bicmudpuppy
02-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Interesting. I have a DW and a Vermeer Dealer closeby. But im sure both dont have the attachment in stock for rent. Def. not the vermeer im not so sure about the DW. Ive talked to a rental co. nearby and they have a toro vib plow for rent.

Im really excited about getting hold of a plow attachment. Ive talked to my local dingo rep about demoing the plow, he said no prob.
Im gonna wait till the right install comes up soon with a good place to test it. Ive also been looking on ebay and traderonline for used units.

Its been a long time dream to roll though installs without having to BACKFILL !! then TAMP!

will

Call the reps and tell them you want to buy a plow attachment but your unsure of what brand, etc. and you would like to demo one. Demo the toro first and you will have a base line. I can't imagine a DW rep not getting in a plow attachment for a demo with a solid sale on the line. Vermeer should be the same way. I keep waiting for a word from the Vermeer rep on here. He usually pitches in with some good thoughts from their side of the fence.

Vermeer
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I have been traveling quite a bit lately and can't get to respond to some of these threads to help out. For reference the Vermeer plow attachment is the same shaker assembly as our dedicated LM-25 vib. plow (see our website if you do not know what it is). When a plow attachment on a CUL is compared to a dedicated machine LM-25 there is a noticeable difference in performance and the two can not be compared as they have different operating operating systems COG etc. If you are looking to plow straight runs in at 12" deep you will probably get along OK. If you need to plow in and around obstacles or a sharp radius it will be become more difficult no matter what brand you operate due to the way the track loaders are designed. How deep are you plowing? I also have some other info I can share with you offline if you want to PM me.
Will,
What Vermeer dealership are you near Garner or Charlotte?

koster_irrigation
02-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I deal with the folks out of gardner. Ive bought vermeer products in the past.

Toro Dingo
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
FYI...

Toro manufacturers its own plow and is not undersized. It is comparable in size to the DW 410 not the 255. If you have a Dingo and are looking to add plow capabilities your local dealer (STI) will be more than willing to demo it for you...

bicmudpuppy
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
FYI...

Toro manufacturers its own plow and is not undersized. It is comparable in size to the DW 410 not the 255. If you have a Dingo and are looking to add plow capabilities your local dealer (STI) will be more than willing to demo it for you...

By all means demo the toro unit, but demo a DW unit too. I have used both on dingos and the DW plow will run circles around the unit Toro sell. Just my opinion, but I have used both on the same machine.

PSUturf
03-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Get a TX dingo with the optional ride on platform. They often need the added weight of the operator for traction. The plow is pretty heavy for how far away from the machine it is mounted.