PDA

View Full Version : Question about morning glory plant

abryconlawn
02-04-2007, 11:58 PM
I had a question about planting morning glory in your garden or yard. Do you find it easier to plant seeds or use a starter plant for this purpose? Didn't know what would be easier. Also if anyone has any other helpful hints about the morning glory plant. Thanks.

stahlfaust
02-11-2007, 01:06 PM
dont plant it, end of story.

I would just throw some seed down, once it gets established its hard to get rid of.

lakesregionscapes
02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
If you're thinking of that wildflower morning-glory (white or pale pink) also known as bind-weed DON'T... it is horrible to get rid of (zone 4 hardy annual).
If you're thinking the blue/purple/hot pink hybids from seeds at the grocery store I've never seen them survive a zone 5 winter, and they look really nice climbing on a trellis or post. They like soil sandy and lean - took my Mom 4 years to find a spot they'd grow in, turns out they loved the sandy fill with plow dregs by the road... Very easy starters from seed - soak seeds in water overnight to split hulls, plant, water 'til they take of, and then ignore them.
You can buy started plants in peat pots, but you don't really gain time, and they're easy to break transporting them.