PDA

View Full Version : Using signs on your truck for advertising

abryconlawn
02-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Got a question about putting signs or decals on your company truck for advertising. Do you guys think having decals on both sides of the truck is just enough or, would you put another decal on the back tailgate for people to see that are behind you? Also, if you have any other helpful hints about advertising on your company truck. Thanks.

Ga.GrassCutter
02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I have a sign on each side of the truck and a 3ft X 4ft on the tailgate of my Trailer

Scag48
02-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I suggest vinyl signs on the doors and if you don't have a headache rack, get something done to the back window, that looks pretty classy. Maybe a window banner on the top of the windshield, I've seen that done before and it's pretty sweet looking. The more you put your name out, the better the chances of getting noticed.

Duekster
02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
It does not cost that much more to sticker all the way around.

stroker51
02-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I haven't noticed much, if any added "advertising" value, as far as calls since I put signs on my truck. But, I do hear a lot of, "I see your trucks all over town" I mainly did this for DOT compliance, but it does look more professional. If I could I would probably get at least a magnet done for my tailgate, but my personal pickup is a 96 Ford 250 PSD, and it has that stupid brushed aluminum insert in the tailgate. My other work trucks, (97 F350 flatbed, 84 F250 flatbed) are getting the doors done, but obviously have no tailgate. Whenever I get a new(er) truck, (F250 PSD 4 door short bed) I'm going to get my logo vinyled under the back window of my 96 supercab, and my phone number in like 5" letters down the top of the bedside. I second the window banner idea, those look good, but headache racks stop me from doing this.

supercuts
02-17-2007, 11:52 AM
i have them on my truck and trailer so customers see us out there and notice the name. i really dont think ive ever got a call from the truck but when people look it the paper they might recognize the name.

Lynden-Jeff
02-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I suggest vinyl signs on the doors and if you don't have a headache rack, get something done to the back window, that looks pretty classy. Maybe a window banner on the top of the windshield, I've seen that done before and it's pretty sweet looking. The more you put your name out, the better the chances of getting noticed.

I have to ask why do you call it a headache rack?

Cheers
Jeff

GreenN'Clean
02-17-2007, 03:54 PM
I have signs on both sides of my truck and 1 on back tailgate and have them all over my trailers

stroker51
02-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I have to ask why do you call it a headache rack?

Cheers
Jeff

Because that is what it is called. The front part of a flatbed that protectst he back window, or you can get them to bolt on top of the bed. Most have bars across the middle, so a window sticker won't be visible.

Swampy
02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
We have our boards on side of the box, and the name on the bug shield (F350, F450 and F550). Boards have our name, phone number, P.O. Box number, location, and "since 1980" on it. The doors have our DOT numbers and truck numbers on them

Lynden-Jeff
02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Because that is what it is called. The front part of a flatbed that protectst he back window, or you can get them to bolt on top of the bed. Most have bars across the middle, so a window sticker won't be visible.

Ah we call them backracks here. Never heard them called headache racks.

Cheers
Jeff

climber
02-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Heres a pic of our vinyl..

Dan