PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Field Conditions

upidstay
02-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I thought the Super Bowl field looked great. Kudos to George Toma and the rest of the crew. It was pouring out, and aside from being slick (nothing you can do about that) the field performed well. Nice to see games played on natural turf.

That being said, there outta be a law that ALL super bowl games must be played in either Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, or Denver. The game should be played in the snow and/or mud.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
Oh, and can we get it changed to saturday so I can get sauced during the game and not have to worry about being hung over for work the next day?!?!:drinkup:

TMarch
03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm right there with you brother. That field looked awesome considering the circumstances. It seemed like the more it rained the firmer it got. That sand based grass field out proformed any synthetic I've ever seen for a lot less money. I just wish all the schools switching to the plastic were educated enough to understand how good these sand based fields can be.

Trim Creations
04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I was just at a confrence this week and Dan something or other from toro helps with super bowl every year he show clips from the start of the sod being lad a month before to painting the grass dark green the light green to have the perfect strips and all the logos and with all the rain they had to push mow the hole field so not to leave trakes. vary cool confrence