PDA

View Full Version : fluid film for paintball gun maintenence

rb_in_va
02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I have read that paintball markers need a special oil. Can I use fluid film instead?

Dano50
02-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Before I commit I'd like to have a bit more information. When you say a paintball marker, what exactly are you referring to?

rb_in_va
02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Before I commit I'd like to have a bit more information. When you say a paintball marker, what exactly are you referring to?

A paintball marker is a paintball gun.

General Landscaping
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Or a better question.... Is Fluid Film incompatible with any common 'O' ring material and compressed gasses such as CO2(1200psi),nitrogen,compressed air(4500psi)?

Dano50
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Here's another idea: If you don't want the paint to stick to a surface, just spray it with Fluid Film before you shoot. It should wipe right off.

rb_in_va
02-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Or a better question.... Is Fluid Film incompatible with any common 'O' ring material and compressed gasses such as CO2(1200psi),nitrogen,compressed air(4500psi)?

Wow! Is HPA that much higher than CO2?

Lynden-Jeff
02-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Ok Some clarification. Fluid film is NOT ok for paintball markers, especially high end. On cheaper guns like spyders, pirahnas, tippmans etc a gun oil made specifically for paintball should be used. I belive that fluid film will not only gum up the valve but could also swell some of the orings. High end pneumatic guns, ions, timmys, protos, shockers should all use dow lubricant like dow33, hater sauce, dye slick lube or similar. Also co2 has a pressure of around 800 psi at the output. A 4500 psi carbon fiber tank also has an output regulated pressure of 800, the 4500 just means that the tank can hold XX Cubic inches at 4500 psi.

Cheers
Jeff

Swampy
02-11-2007, 04:44 AM
No offense to fuild film but I wouldn't use it as a lube for markers. For a truck yes but something like WGP or a AGD no.

Sad story I lent out one of my AGD Automag's to a friend. Told him to clean it and oil when he was done. He ended up using WD40 to oil it and ended up having the valve rebuilt at the factory.

lawnbutch
02-21-2007, 03:17 PM
well to the guy who sez that tippmanns are a low end marker you better watch what you say they are a low price marker but my son will put mine his against any $1000 marker. as for lube for markers gold cup is the best for o rings that move but for rings that stay put a good light coat of sleek is the best its a very good light grease and my son knows alot of pro speed ballers and he is a woods baller and sppl member and they swear by gold cup and sleak

rb_in_va
02-21-2007, 03:38 PM
well to the guy who sez that tippmanns are a low end marker you better watch what you say they are a low price marker but my son will put mine his against any $1000 marker.

To be fair he said cheaper, not low end. There is a difference. Funny how tippys get defended to heavily!:) I will use only oil and grease specifically intended for paintball markers!

General Landscaping
02-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I load up the remote line with Super Lube and fire a few times.

Just got back from Camp Blanding MOUT on Sunday..... The 'ol A5 was drippin paint.

Wipe off the outside, shoot some Super Lube through and set it back in the bag till Memorial day...... Viper Scenarios is doing another game at Camp Blanding:gunsfirin

Lynden-Jeff
02-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Tippmans = take abuse well and are great for beginners. They are considered "low end" and I would willingly take the challenge against a tippman any day. Doesn't mean they arn't right for some people, especially scenerio ballers since you can customize them, but they in no way compared to a high end gun.

Swampy
02-22-2007, 04:29 AM
If you want a "High End" scenario/woodsball paintball marker then go with a AGD Tac-One/Classic/RT Pro/Minimag. In my opinion its just as reliable as a Tippmann but has a hella lot better quality than a tippmann.

General Landscaping
02-22-2007, 08:37 AM
The gun itself is a small portion of your success on the field.
As long as it is rock solid reliable, feeds fast, remains consistent, and is easy to carry...... the rest is personal preferance, $$$, and image.

Players make the gun, not the other way around.

lawnbutch
02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Well a agree to all that that but me personally would not take a 1400 angel in to a woodsball game in the snow rain and mud i have nothing but bad luck with electroinic guns and my team captain has a model 98 with an e trigger and a cyclone hopper and i shoots 25 plus and the hopper keeps up with as for speed wise put the original question was using the film stuff in the markers and i would say no not a marker oil but mayb on the outside

Dano50
02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Man, my head is starting to spin. :dizzy: I didn't know there was so much involved with the paint guns.

rb_in_va
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Man, my head is starting to spin. :dizzy: I didn't know there was so much involved with the paint guns.

Yep, it can get deep! You can spend tons of money on paintball!

lawnbutch
02-23-2007, 01:08 PM
yes i know i have over $1000 invested and going to be spending more on another gun and gear but its all worth it. its a hobby and its fun

Lynden-Jeff
02-23-2007, 04:56 PM

Paintball is the fastest growing extreme sport. PBnation.com has over 300,000 members in the last few years and is one of the biggest forums on the net. Big things for paintball in the next few years!

Cheers
Jeff

mcwlandscaping
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Ive got $700 in just my gun alone.....let alone all the other stuff that goes along with it! This has got to be the one and only application for a lubricant that i wouldn't use fluidfilm!